💠 For the final weekend of Season of the Lost you can find Xûr hanging out at the Winding Cove on EDZ. Trials will return on March 11, 2022. Check out the article below for a more detailed look at Xûr’s Inventory, Trials, and more!
- Important Reminder: The Witch Queen and Season of the Risen arrive next week, February 22 @ 9 AM PST.
- Pre-Launch Downtime starts on February 21 at 6:45 PM PST (0245 UTC) and is expected to end on February 22 at 9 AM PST (1700 UTC). View more details and infographic below.
- Keep an eye on @BungieHelp for important updates and to find out about any issues.
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xur offers random rolls on Exotic Armor meaning the stats/numbers are different with each purchase. Legendary weapon/armor stays the rolls that it shows but change every time Xur arrives.)
Departs: Tuesday, February 21 @ 7PM PST (Leaving early due to Downtime to prepare for The Witch Queen)
Where is Xur? Winding Cove, EDZ
Exotic Armor (23 LS)
Exotic Weapon (29 LS)
|Trinity Ghoul||Energy Combat Bow|
Legendary Weapons (50 LS + 1k Glimmer
|Name||Type||Perks||Grade on light.gg|
|Enigma’s Draw||Primary Sidearm||Precision Frame|
Full Auto Trigger System
|Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver||Primary Hand Cannon||Precision Frame|
|Nature of the Beast||Energy Hand Cannon||Precision Frame|
|Wishbringer||Energy Shotgun||Rapid-Fire Frame|
|Long Shadow||Primary Sniper Rifle||Adaptive Frame|
|Interference VI||Heavy Grenade Launcher||Adaptive Frame|
|Stars in Shadow||Energy Pulse Rifle||High-Impact Frame|
Legendary Armor (50 LS + 1k Glimmer)
Armor This Weekend: Old Crucible Armor sets
|Swordflight 4.1||Hunter Helmet|
|Swordflight 4.1||Hunter Arms|
|Swordflight 4.1||Hunter Chest Armor|
|Swordflight 4.1||Hunter Legs|
|Binary Phoenix Cloak||Hunter Cloak|
|Ankaa Seeker IV||Warlock Helmet|
|Ankaa Seeker IV||Warlock Arms|
|Ankaa Seeker IV||Warlock Chest Armor|
|Ankaa Seeker IV||Warlock Leg Armor|
|Binary Phoenix Bond||Warlock Bond|
|Phoenix Strife Type 0||Titan Helmet|
|Phoenix Strife Type 0||Titan Arms|
|Phoenix Strife Type 0||Titan Chest Armor|
|Phoenix Strife Type 0||Titan Leg Armor|
|Binary Phoenix Mark||Titan Mark|
NOTE: View armor stats at light.gg or via the Bungie companion app if they have not been added to this page (images of armor and weapons will be uploaded below ASAP every Friday),
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Fight your way to the Spire of Exorcism and defend Mara Sov as she extracts the Witch Queen’s worm.
Recommend Power: 1170
Bungie lowered the recommended Power Level of the Exorcism mission from 1270 to 1170 to help players of lower Power levels complete the mission. See Tweet by BungieHelp.
Fireteam: 1-6 Players
Location: The Dreaming City
Modifiers: Unstoppable and Barrier Champions
How to Start:
- Go to the H.E.L.M. and interact with the Wayfinder’s Compass (a recording will play).
- Then interact with the Wayfinder’s Compass again, you should get the Severing the Worm quest which will send you on a mission to the Dreaming City to perform the exorcism.
- Launch the Exorcism activity by selecting it from the Dreaming City map (it is located next to where Astral Alignment is).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bungie has reported that there are currently some issues that are investigating with this activity (see Tweets by BungieHelp below). Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more.
The final Iron Banner event of Season of the Risen is live! Plus, all players earn bonus Crucible ranks all week in the Crucible. Check out the Iron Banner page for more details.
Ends: Monday, February 21 at 7PM PT
NOTE: Get more details on the Iron Banner page.
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports Kyber3000 with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Pyrrhic Victory Exotic Bundle Available Now
- Pyrrhic Victory – Exotic Emote
- Hissing Silence – Exotic Ghost Shell
- Another Inspired Idea – Exotic Sparrow
- Astera Blade – Legendary Ship
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
Earn by and Deadline to Claim: February 22 at 8:59 AM PT
- Take back the Light when The Witch Queen releases!
- Wage psionic warfare when the Season of the Risen begins!
- The Throne World becomes available to all players!
- Defeat Hashladun in the Scarlet Keep Nightfall.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- Feb 17: This Week at Bungie – Almost There
- Feb 17: Community Focus – Milkpack
- Feb 10: This Week at Bungie – The One Where Heroes are Celebrated
- Feb 10: Witch Queen Interactive Trailer
Helpful Articles and Websites
- Bungie x Sony: Bungie Joins Sony | Our Shared Vision
- S16 // Season of the Risen: A Closer Look at Void 3.0
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- DCV: Destiny Content Vault | Content Vault – Year 5
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
The Witch Queen Release Schedule
To prepare for the launch of The Witch Queen on February 22, Destiny 2 will undergo scheduled downtime from 6:45 PM PST (0245 UTC) on February 21 to 9 AM PST (1700 UTC) on February 22. Below is the scheduled timeline for this release:
- February 21, 6:45 PM PST (0245 UTC): Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- February 21, 7 PM (0300 UTC): Pre-load for Update 126.96.36.199 will be available on all platforms.
- February 22, 9 AM (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought back online. Update 188.8.131.52 will be playable on all platforms and regions.
- February 22, 10 AM (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to complete.
Players using the PS4 version of Destiny 2 will be required to download all associated Destiny 2 Required Content before playing The Witch Queen. These can be downloaded by launching Destiny 2 after the 184.108.40.206 patch is released. After the downloads have started, you can safely close the game and the Required Content downloads will continue in the background during our maintenance downtime.
The PS4 download of Destiny 2 and all Required Content will be large, but players will have a smaller installation size once the download is complete. This should help improve the download and install of future PS4 patches.
For more information, please visit the Destiny Server and Update Status help article.
Earlier this week, the Exorcism final Seasonal mission of Season of the Lost was released. Bungie iscontinuing to investigate issues with completions of the Exorcism mission, and encourage players who observe issues during the activity to report them to our #Help forum.
Here are some updates from our investigation surrounding some of these issues:
- Progression can be blocked if moving too quickly on the bridge encounter. Double back if blocked.
- Don’t skip the final cutscene.
- Bungie has disabled the option to join this activity in progress via matchmaking.
Wayfinder’s Compass Rotation
Bungie has updated the mod rotation of the Wayfinder’s Compass inventory from a weekly rotation to a two-day rotation until the launch of The Witch Queen on February 22. The inventory will now rotate on the following days at the daily reset:
- February 16
- February 18
- February 20
With the end of the Season approaching, the Shattered Realm seasonal activity has been updated to a daily rotation from a weekly rotation.
Players who wish to complete Triumphs, Seasonal Challenges, or Seals associated with the Shattered Realm should make sure to do so prior to its removal with the launch of The Witch Queen on February 22.
As Bungie is taking extended downtime prior to the launch of The Witch Queen, players looking to earn certain Bungie Rewards should complete the associated in-game achievement before 7 PM PST (0300) on February 21.
For a full list of affected rewards please see the Player Support Report from February 10.
Twitch Gift Subs Bounty Rewards
On February 22, 2022, the Twitch Gift Subs Bounty rewards will be updated with The Witch Queen. Players who are looking to obtain the current Dreissigste emblem should complete the Twitch Gift Sub Bounty and claim their reward in-game before scheduled downtime at 7:00 PM PST (0300 UTC) on February 21.
For more information regarding the Twitch extension, please visit Bungie’s Twitch Extension help article.
Weapon Cycling/Year 4 Content Vaulting
With the launch of The Witch Queen on February 22, certain activities, quests, destinations, items, and weapons from past season and expansions will become unavailable to access or earn.
For a full list of vaulted, deprecated, or unearnable content, please visit the Player Support Report from the February 3 TWAB.
Becomes Available to Pre-Download: Monday, February 21 at 7:00 PM PT (0300 UTC)
Arrives: Tuesday, February 22 at 9:00 AM PT (1700 UTC)
Full Maintenance Schedule:
Server Maintenance and Update Status
Below is information on upcoming server maintenance periods or updates to a Destiny release:
Thursday, February 17, 2022
|10:00 AM PST||1800 UTC||Destiny 2 background maintenance is scheduled to begin. No downtime is expected.This will prepare us for Update 220.127.116.11 releasing on February 22.Players who observe issues should report to the #Help forum.|
|2:00 PM PST||2200 UTC||Destiny 2 background maintenance is expected to conclude.Players who observe issues should report to the #Help forum.|
Monday, February 21, 2022
|6:00 PM PST||0200 UTC||Destiny 2 will undergo maintenance.Some Destiny API features on Bungie.net, mobile and third-party apps will be disabled.No sign-in to the Bungie.net site or apps will be possible.Players who observe issues should report to the #Help forum.|
|6:45 PM PST||0245 UTC||Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance.Players will be removed from activities and won’t be able to log back in until 9 AM PST on February 22.Ongoing Destiny maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST on February 22.|
|7:00 PM PST||0300 UTC||Pre-load for Update 18.104.22.168 will be available on all platforms. Players using the PS4 version of Destiny 2 will be required to download all associated Destiny 2 Required Content before playing The Witch Queen. These can be downloaded by launching Destiny 2 after the 22.214.171.124 patch is released.After the downloads have started, you can safely close the game and the Required Content downloads will continue in the background during our maintenance downtime.The PS4 download of Destiny 2 and all Required Content will be large, but players will have a smaller installation size once the download is complete. This should help improve the download and install of future PS4 patches.|
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
|9:00 AM PST||1700 UTC||Update 126.96.36.199 will be available across all platforms and regions.Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.Sign-in to the Bungie.net site and apps will be re-enabled.Players logging into the game may be placed in a queue and may experience sign-on issues as background maintenance is still ongoing.|
|10:00 AM PST||1800 UTC||Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.Players who observe issues should report to the #Help forum.|
Here’s a quick roundup of patch notes for next Tuesday.
- Starting with The Witch Queen, ritual playlist rewards will be updated to grant ritual specific gear (weapons, mods, armor) and no longer be granting rewards from the general world pool.
- Crucible will grant Crucible gear, Vanguard will grant Vanguard gear, and Gambit will grant Gambit gear.
- Engram focusing is currently only available on Saint-14 and the Drifter for their ritual specific engrams.
- World engrams will continue to be granted at major ranks on ritual vendors, just for a little variety.
- Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard rituals are receiving updated armor rewards for a new expansion release.
- These share the same base appearance but have slight differences in decals and coloring to represent each ritual.
Ritual Armor sets for Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit.
Returning Crucible Maps
- Eternity and Vostok return to the Crucible on February 22, 2022.
- No changes.
- Yeah, there are no systematic changes to the Eververse.
- There will be new cosmetic items available for Silver and Bright Dust, but no systematic changes to the experience.
- But what about Bright Dust? Any changes to how much players will be earning?
- There are no changes to Bright Dust acquisition or totals compared to that of Season 15.
- Players will continue to earn Bright Dust from Seasonal Challenges, repeatable bounties on specific vendors, and through the Season Pass.
- Please note: This week brings the final drop of 700 Bright Dust in celebration of our 30th Anniversary. Make sure to redeem this offer in the Eververse storefront before it’s gone!
Pictured: New Universal Armor Ornament sets, available through Eververse starting on February 22.
Season Pass Changes
- High-stat Seasonal armor has been reintroduced.
- Individual pieces are awarded between ranks 57 and 87.
- Legendary Engrams have been replaced with focused Umbral Engrams.
- Five in total. Each focused to a different armor piece (arms, legs, chest, class, and head).
- All Umbral Engrams are tier 2.
- The Season Pass emblem has been removed, but we have introduced a Season Pass Sparrow.
- The Season Pass scrounger bonuses (bonuses which increased Seasonal weapon/armor drop chances in ritual activities) have been overhauled.
- The weapon scrounger bonuses are no longer separated by weapon type or ritual activity. They now apply to both Season Pass Legendary weapons and all activities at once.
- Two weapon scrounger bonuses instead of six.
- The first bonus grants the player a small chance to receive the weapons from ritual activities. The second bonus gives an improved chance.
- Total drop chance is unchanged from previous Seasons.
- The armor scrounger bonuses are no longer separated by ritual activity. It now applies to all activities at once.
- One armor scrounger bonus instead of three.
- Like the weapon, the total drop chance for each armor piece is unchanged.
- The weapon scrounger bonuses are no longer separated by weapon type or ritual activity. They now apply to both Season Pass Legendary weapons and all activities at once.
- Aside from the emblem, no items have been removed from the Season Pass, only added.
- A number of rewards such as Glimmer and Legendary Shards have been consolidated to make room for high-stat armor.
- A small amount of Upgrade Modules have been added.
- The order some rewards are acquired has been tuned to accommodate the above changes.
Shattered Throne: “Thrallway”
- Fixed an issue where Shadow Thrall in The Shattered Throne were unintentionally granting investment rewards, such as Glimmer, engrams, and XP.
- As players begin to craft weapons and level up their Season Pass on February 22, we want to ensure gameplay rewards are earned by playing and completing activities, bounties, or just hanging out with friends in patrols while defeating minions of the Darkness.
- Adjusted the physics knockback for boss stomps.
- This will should result in fewer deaths from being knocked into objects.
Next week, full patch notes will become available for you to read through. Time is currently TBD, but Bungie’s goal is to give you some light reading before launch.
Info from Bungie.net post on February 17, 2022.
Core Activity Changes
These changes are all about enhancing teamwork or making the mode easier to play and understand.
- Freelance node added.
- Freelance nodes have been added to are Iron Banner, Glory, and Trials of Osiris. Bungie feels like these activities end up with more balanced matches more often, even as they increase and split the number of matchmaking pools.
- Rotating seasonal selection of curated encounters starting in Season 16.
- In Classic Gambit/Prime, you got a randomly selected encounter from a list of three for each enemy race, on each map. In Beyond Light, due to production issues, Bungie was only able to bring one of the three variations forward into the new activity. Those issues have been fixed, and they are now bringing the missing variations forward.
- Respawn points added to all Fronts (sections of maps where enemies could cycle in or out).
- Players always drop half the Motes they were carrying when they are defeated.
- These can be picked up by anyone, including invaders! Invaders can also drop more Motes now!
- Players can be revived by other players two seconds earlier, and auto-respawn is delayed two seconds.
- All shields have increasing resistance to non-matching damage types.
- While not as severe as Match Game resistance in Nightfalls.
- “Rules of Gambit” node added to the launch screen, and numerous Gambit-specific hints have been added to the load screen.
Blockers, Draining, and the Bank
- 10 Mote Phalanx Blocker has its health boosted a bit.
- 15 Mote Knight Blocker gains a Stasis attack.
- Mote drain from multiple Blockers continues even if the opposing team is in Primeval phase.
- Mote drain is paused if a player is near the bank and engaging Blockers.
- When completing a Front, a chest containing a small amount of Special and Heavy ammo spawns in the middle of the Front and can be looted once by each player.
- It times out 20 seconds after the initial interact, so you still can’t dilly-dally.
- Killing a high-value target spawns one normal Heavy brick for each player.
- During the Primeval phase, ammo chests spawn in one of the Fronts every 60 seconds.
- This replaces the regular Front ammo chests – but you still need to find the time to go grab it!
- Limited Special and Heavy ammo bricks to only spawn from enemies if you have finder mods equipped.
- Other ammo Exotics and perks, like Aeon Cult still work.
The Primeval Fight
- Primeval health and Slayer stack bonus retuned.
- Envoys now spawn with friends out in the Fronts, rather than in the bank area.
- They have reduced health, and are no longer affected by Slayer stacks, and have varied elemental shields.
- Killing the Envoys to get Slayer stacks will require movement, dealing with the Envoy’s protectors, and dealing with their elemental shield.
- Envoys put an invulnerability shield on Primeval.
- You must kill them both to remove it and damage the Primeval, forcing your team to go out and invade.
- Envoys respawn at 30% of the Primeval damage done.
- This increases by 10% every Envoy respawn, and Envoys stop spawning after the fifth spawn.
- The Primeval Servitor boss is removed, since its custom shielding mechanics conflicted with the new mechanics.
- The Malfeasance quest starts on the first Primeval kill.
With the tuning changes above, the Motes phase is significantly quicker, and the Primeval phase longer. You should expect matches to be just about as long as they are now.
- Level advantage is “now” disabled for Invader PvP.
- It has actually been like this since the start of Beyond Light.
- One of the Mote phase invasions has been removed.
- Invasions now trigger at 40 and 80 Mote thresholds.
- Primeval phase invasions are unchanged.
- Invasions can no longer be saved up.
- Invader no longer can see how many Motes enemy players are carrying, and player nameplates fade out when the Invader is aiming down their sights.
- You can still see players through walls, just not while you are engaging your rocket tracking, or using your sniper zoom.
- Bungie found a bug with how the Primeval heal effect was being applied, which depending on the sequence and timing of kills, would heal the Primeval for somewhere between 5 and 35%.
- They fixed it, and now invader kills heal the Primeval for exactly 27% every time.
- This sounds like a LOT but is actually less than the optimal amount prior. Bungie will be watching feedback and analytics very closely on this one and will retune as necessary.
Gambit is the second of the core rituals (after Trials of Osiris) to get comprehensive engram focusing options.
- You can focus the Gambit engram into either ‘Gambit Armor’ or ‘Gambit Weapons’ for 10,000 Glimmer and 50 Legendary Shards.
- Gambit Weapons includes: Crowd Pleaser, Bottom Dollar, Trinary System, Borrowed Time, and Servant Leader.
- Brand new Gambit weapons are drop-only for a single Season, and are then available for focusing.
- We expect to expand Drifter’s focusing options further during upcoming Seasons.
- Other Drifter Changes
- Bygones/Trust/Bad Omens have been removed from the vendor.
- End Match Drops
- There is a Gambit memento for weapon crafting that can drop after any match.
- Older Gambit shaders now have a small chance of dropping at the end of each match.
- Primeval Servitor cosmetic drops can now drop at the end of any match.
- The Furtive Shell ghost can now drop at the end of any match.
Yes, you can expect more rituals to get this treatment throughout the year, but we do not currently have any specific dates to share just yet. Stay tuned!
The Future and Gambit Labs
- The daily Gambit bounty objectives are generally fine, but some of the repeatable bounties have some onerous completion requirements.
- Bungie is taking a pass on these, though they won’t all come at once.
- Sometime this Season, Bungie will be adjusting the completion amounts of most Gambit repeatable bounties.
- (Weapon kills drop from 25 to 15, melee and grenade kills from 25 to 5, and Super kills from 15 to 10).
- In Season 17, Bungie will be making additional tuning changes, as well as adding three new bounties.
- Throughout the year, they will also be adding bounties specific to Light 3.0 updates.
Gambit Labs: Invasion Edition
Bungie also has a couple of Gambit Labs that play with some of the core invasion concepts. These will run for one week each and will take over the base Gambit nodes.
- Invasion Swap
- This Labs variation plays around with who gets to benefit from triggered invasions.
- During Motes phase, instead of opening your own invasion portal at 40 and 80 Motes, you instead open your opponent’s invasion portal.
- We expect this to completely disrupt the accepted meta for how and when to deposit and invade. We’re looking forward to seeing the clever strategies and counterstrategies you will develop.
- Mote Thief
- Fundamentally, the original concept of the invader was Guardian as Taken Terror, overpowered and dangerous — something new to have to fight. While that is very compelling, we don’t believe it is the only compelling invader fantasy. We believe the sneaky Mote Thief is worth exploring, too. Maybe there are more?
- Normal Mote drain from having two blockers is disabled.
- Instead, every second the invader is invading, one Mote drains directly from your bank to the invader’s bank.
What About Trials? And What’s Next?
Gambit is Bungie’s main focus in Season 16 however they still have some changes planned.
- Capture Zone and Freelance weekends will continue to be liberally scheduled, there will also be a few reputation updates coming.
- For Season 16, Bungie is moving to a schedule of seven maps for the Season — one of which you will get to decide! Expect a survey to come out in the next few weeks to vote on the final map.
- There will be some Adept reward changes coming for Season 17. A preview of those will come later in the Season.
Bungie is planning to make the next four Seasons a banner year for rituals, and they hope their Season 17 plans will spark joy for everyone.
Starting at 9 AM Pacific on February 22, completing the Twitch Sub bounty will award players the Long Live the Queen emblem.
This can be collected from Amanda Holliday in the Tower once available! Make sure your Bungie.net account is linked up, and stay tuned for announcements of availability.
For more info and help, visit the Twitch Sub Bounty page here or click below:
Today is the final day to enter the Witch Queen Deluxe Edition (Steam Code for PC) Giveaway, it ends tonight at 12 AM PST. There will be another giveaway going live on Twitter this Saturday, February 19 for The Witch Standard Edition (stay tuned for details).
Just a few more sleeps until The Witch Queen and Season of the Risen!!
See you starside.
FOLLOW & SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍