💠 This weekend you can find Xûr hanging out on the EDZ. Trials is on a little break while Iron Banner is live. Check out the article below for a more detailed look at Xûr’s inventory, Trials, news, and more!
XÛR, AGENT OF THE NINE
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine. (Note: Xûr offers random rolls on Exotic Armor meaning the stats/numbers are different with each purchase.)
Departs: Tuesday, May 17 @ 10 AM PDT
Where is Xûr? Winding Cove, EDZ
EXOTIC ARMOR(23 LS)
EXOTIC WEAPON (29 LS)
|Cerberus+1||Kinetic Auto Rifle|
OTHER EXOTIC WEAPON
|Name||Type||Random Roll Perk||Cost||Grade on light.gg|
|Hawkmoon||Primary Hand Cannon||Killing Wind||125000 Glimmer, 200 Legendary Shards, 1 Exotic Cipher, and 1 Ascendant Shard||F|
|Dead Man’s Tale||Primary Scout Rifle||Moving Target||125000 Glimmer, 200 Legendary Shards, 1 Exotic Cipher, and 1 Ascendant Shard||C|
LEGENDARY WEAPONS (50 LS + 1K GLIMMER)
|Name||Type||Column 1||Column 2||Column 3||Column 4||Grade on light.gg|
|Bite of the Fox||Kinetic Sniper Rifle||Full Bore // Polygonal Rifling||Accurized Rounds // Tactical Mag||Threat Detector||Opening Shot||C|
|The Last Dance||Energy Sidearm||QuickDot SAS // Shortspec SAS // Target SAS||Alloy Magazine // Armor-Piercing Rounds||Moving Target||Dragonfly||D|
|Shattered Cipher||Heavy Machine Gun||Fluted Barrel // Polygonal Rifling||Extended Mag // Alloy Magazine||Field Prep||Surrounded||F|
|Sojourner’s Tale||Energy Shotgun||Fluted Barrel // Polygonal Rifling||Accurized Rounds // Light Mag||Moving Target||Adrenaline Junkie||F|
|Gridskipper||Energy Pulse Rifle||Corkscrew Rifling // Extended Barrel||Extended Mag // Ricochet Rounds||Tunnel Vision||Frenzy||A|
|Farewell||Kinetic Sidearm||Chambered Compensator // Fluted Barrel||Appended Mag // Alloy Magazine||Heating Up||Adrenaline Junkie||F|
|Sorrow’s Verse||Energy Auto Rifle||Extended Barrel // Smallbore||Tactical Mag // Alloy Magazine||Outlaw||One for All||D|
Kairos Function armor sets from Curse of Osiris (Mercury)
|Kairos Function Grips||Hunter Gauntlets||15||2||15||25||2||6||65||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Vest||Hunter Chest Armor||10||7||12||2||25||2||58||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Cloak||Hunter Cloak||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Mask||Hunter Helmet||20||6||7||6||6||22||67||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Boots||Hunter Leg Armor||17||6||7||9||7||12||58||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
Bold numbers= High Stat | Source: r/DestinyTheGame
|Kairos Function Wraps||Warlock Gauntlets||10||13||7||6||10||13||59||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Robes||Warlock Chest Armor||8||15||9||2||9||21||64||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Bond||Warlock Bond||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Crown||Warlock Helmet||20||6||7||12||15||6||66||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Boots||Warlock Leg Armor||12||6||10||10||2||19||59||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
Bold numbers= High Stat | Source: r/DestinyTheGame
|Kairos Function Gauntlets||Titan Gauntlets||14||9||6||16||2||9||56||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Plate||Titan Chest Armor||7||19||6||21||6||2||61||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Mark||Titan Mark||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Helm||Titan Helmet||6||14||9||2||12||12||55||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Kairos Function Greaves||Titan Leg Armor||19||2||12||20||2||11||66||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
Bold numbers= High Stat | Source: r/DestinyTheGame
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Here is a look at legendary weapons available this week:
The Ceremony Event has Begun!
This week Warlocks prevailed for the second week in a row!
Make sure to stop by the podium in the Tower to receive your rewards (all classes get rewards, not just Warlocks)! NOTE: To get your rewards, stand on your class symbol on the Guardian Games podium and press whatever key/button it prompts you with.
- Players will receive rewards and a Laurel Crown glow that is active when in the Tower, which will remain until the next Ceremony event or until Guardian Games ends.
- Players’ class items will also change colors to show their current standing after the Ceremony event, being gold, silver, or bronze.
Learn more on our Guardian Games page.
GUARDIAN GAMES CEREMONY EVENT DETAILS
Tower Podium, Medallion and Score thresholds, and Ceremony event
During Guardian Games, the Towers Guardian Games Podium will change daily to reflect the current status of the leading team. Class flags will update throughout the day to show which team is leading, and there will also be a calendar showing the winner for each day throughout the event.
Hitting a score threshold, by achieving strike scores through the Guardian Games playlist or by banking Medallions at the Tower Podium, and activating the torches for each threshold will grant players a glow when in the Tower. The player in the Tower with the highest weekly score receives a special glow. Glows remain active until the weekly reset.
On the Friday of each week, the Ceremony event will become live in the Tower. Points accumulated by each class during the week will determine the winner of each week’s Ceremony event. Players will receive rewards and a Laurel Crown glow that is active when in the Tower, which will remain until the next Ceremony event or until Guardian Games ends. Additionally, players’ class items will also change colors to show their current standing after the Ceremony event, being gold, silver, or bronze.
Capture zones to increase points for each opponent defeated. Capture all three to lock the zones and hunt your opponents. This is the last Iron Banner event for this Season.
Ends: Tuesday, May 17 at 10 AM PDT
- All players earn bonus ranks all week long in the Crucible.
Randomly rolled Iron Banner gear has a chance to drop at the end of matches. This includes all available weapons & armor for the current season. Iron Banner bounties expire at the end of the Iron Banner event.
|Oath of the Pack||“Your companions are your greatest strength. Leave them to fall or fight alone, and you have failed.” —Lord Saladin||Defeat opponents while assisted by at least one other teammate||50 IB Tokens, XP++, Pinnacle Gear|
|Around the Fire||“Ah, those campfire nights were cold, but the camaraderie… The companionship! I wouldn’t have chosen anywhere else to be.” —Lady Skorri||Capture zones in the Iron Banner Playlist. Earn bonus progress for each additional teammate in the zone with you.||50 IB Tokens, XP++, Pinnacle Gear|
|An Arsenal of Tricks||“Keep them guessing. They won’t be able to counter if they don’t know what’s coming.” —Lady Perun||Defeat opponents with final blows from any ability. Earn bonus progress for Supers and opponents with a higher Power level.||50 IB Tokens, XP++, Pinnacle Gear|
|The Rout||“What do field tactics matter, so long as they’re all dead?” —Lord Radegast||Defeat opponents in the Iron Banner. Earn bonus progress by landing final blows on opponents with a higher Power level.||50 IB Tokens, XP++, Pinnacle Gear|
NOTE: This is the last Iron Banner event for the Season. Make sure to claim any rewards and turn in any rank up tokens and/or bounties before the weekly reset, since Iron Banner tokens are being depreciated next Season! Learn more on our Iron Banner page.
A new Destiny 2 Prime Gaming bundle is available for Prime members!
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports Kyber3000 with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Tip of the Spear Exotic Bundle
- Tip of the Spear Exotic Sparrow
- The Tall Tale Exotic Ship
- Drop Pod Legendary Ghost Shell
- Taunt Dance Legendary Emote
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- May 12: This Week at Bungie
- May 10: Hotfix 188.8.131.52
- May 5: This Week at Bungie
- May 3: Guardian Games | Guardian Games Cup
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- S16 // Season of the Risen: Official Website
- DCV: Destiny Content Vault | Content Vault – Year 5
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Info from the latest This Week at Bungie article.
Players who encounter issues when participating in Guardian Games should report them to the Bungie #Help Forum with a description of the issue, where it occurred, and provide videos or screenshots when available.
For a list of currently tracked issues, players can also view Bungie’s Known Issues article.
Iron Banner Tokens
The last Iron Banner of Season 16 ends at the weekly reset on May17. With the start of Season 17, any Iron Banner tokens that are in a player’s inventory will be deprecated and no longer available to exchange for Iron Banner gear. Players should exchange their Iron Banner tokens at Lord Saladin in the Tower prior to the weekly reset at 10 AM on May 17.
Etheric Spiral Deprecation
With the start of Season 17, Etheric Spirals will be deprecated and no longer available to exchange for other materials or currencies. Players should exchange their Etheric Spirals at the Cryptarch in the Tower prior to the launch of Season 17 at 10 AM, May 24.
Vendor Reward Reset
As a reminder, all vendor ranks will reset with the start of Season 17. Players should claim any vendor rank rewards before they are reset with the launch of Season 17 at 10 AM, May 24.
- May 3 – May 24 (NOW): Guardian Games
- May 10 (AVAILABLE NOW): Iron Banner
- May 20: Trials Labs – Freelance and Zone Capture
- May 24: Season 17 Begins!
Please note, dates are subject to change.
- It’s the last week of Guardian Games, which class will triumph?
- Scarlet Keep Nightfall returns (The featured weapons should be: Palindrome and PLUG ONE.1).
- Earn bonus Crucible, Vanguard, and Gambit all week long.
- Trials Labs: Capture Zones and Freelance returns for the last time this Season.
- Crucible Playlist: Team Scorched
The info below is from this Bungie article.
Summary of changes coming in Season 17:
- Power level is disabled (does not apply to Trials).
- Rift will be the game mode for Iron Banner events.
- Tokens will be removed and will be replaced by a similar ranking system to Crucible/Shaxx.
- Saladin is getting a full focusing implementation. Players will be able to convert Iron Engrams into any current Iron Banner weapons or armor set that have been earned previously, for a cost with in-game materials.
- New Daily Challenges
- New “Iron Lord” Seal & Title
- Brand New Introductory Quest
Iron Banner will be available two different times in Season 17, those times are:
- Week 2: May 31
- Week 8: July 12
Here is how the revamped Iron Banner reputation will work:
- Play matches with each match earning more towards Iron Banner reputation.
- Win matches to earn a small bonus based on your current Iron Banner rank.
- Wear Iron Banner armor (or just as ornaments on your own non-Iron Banner gear) and equip Iron Banner weapons to max out your gear multiplier at 200%.
- Five total pieces must be equipped, though please remember this includes Iron Banner armor and Iron Banner ornaments.
- Complete the daily Iron Banner challenges to tack on 100% to your challenge multiplier for the rest of the week.
- Yes, this means for each challenge.
- Use an Iron Banner emblem for an additional 10% emblem multiplier.
All modifiers will be listed on the launch screen, seen below:
Daily challenges: For the first four days of each Iron Banner week, Guardians will unlock a new daily challenge. These challenges unlock each day whether you complete them or not, so if you log in on Friday, you can do them all in succession if you want to. Rewards will also stack reputation bonuses for the remainder of the week alongside a Pinnacle Iron Engram. The weekly bounties that typically award Pinnacles have been deprecated appropriately to balance out this change.
Becoming an Iron Lord: With these new Iron Banner reworkings, a new Seal and title will also be available to earn. To set expectations for this new Seal and title, Iron Lord hopefuls can expect to spend around 15 to 20 hours to unlock this flair. Some of the more hardcore players could unlock this in one week if focused, but Bungie expects most players to need a second week – maybe even a second Season. Intrepid Iron Lords will be able to gild the title in Season 18.
Becoming a Young Wolf: For anyone that may be scratching their head at some of these changes, Lord Saladin will offer a brand-new quest that will introduce all of these features and demonstrate how they work. You only have to run through it once per account, but with this reset Bungie wanted everyone to get the same introduction, even Iron Banner veterans will need to do this. In fact, you’ll need to start this quest to even access the Iron Banner node.
To even out this change and to welcome the new quest, we will no longer be producing the Seasonal Iron Banner quest.
Rift is back: Rift is a game mode hat Destiny veterans may remember, but for those that may be new to what this is, here’s what you need to know. Rift is an objective-based Crucible mode that plays more like a game of soccer or rugby than it does Clash. Teams of Guardians will attempt to take the Spark from the middle of the map into the base of the enemy team and dunk it into the enemy Rift. One dunk equals one point, the first to make it to five points or to have the upper hand by the 10-minute mark wins.
- A Spark appears in the center of the map a few seconds after a match starts or a point is scored and can be picked up by interacting with it for a couple seconds. The Spark itself is a buff that allows full weapon and ability usage aside from Super.
- For the first five seconds after picking up the Spark, or for a few seconds after taking damage, both teams receive a waypoint for the Spark holder. After that, the waypoint only remains for the Spark holder’s own team—marking the Spark holder for your teammates is important!
- If you die while carrying the Spark, it drops to the ground where you died (or nearby if the spot is not navigable).
- If you hold onto the Spark too long, it detonates.
- Team resurrections are enabled in Rift, so make sure and help your teammates in the middle of a push, or if you are playing defense.
- There are no points for kills, just for Spark dunks, so playing the objective is key.
- When Rift is in Iron Banner, the Hunt is on when your team has the Spark. When the music intensifies, it’s time to score!
- There are several ways to extend matches past the time limit:
- Continuation: At end of regulation time, If the current Spark holder could change the outcome of the match—either the game is tied, or if the current Spark holder is down one point—the match continues until the current Spark holder drops the Spark or scores.
- Sudden Death Multispark: If there is a tie after time is up, the game enters a 90-second overtime where three sparks spawn in midfield. Who will be the first to score? Chaos reigns.
- After the sudden-death timer is up, Sparks stop dropping on death, and any Sparks on the ground are removed. As soon as the last Spark is eliminated without a score, the match ends in a tie.
New Crucible Map
Disjunction will be available on day-one of Season 17 for all 6v6, 3v3, and Free -for -All modes in Crucible, as well as in Iron Banner. The map is called Disjunction and is a symmetric map with a base on either end, three lanes with plenty of crossovers, and large backfields. It takes place in the swampy Pyramid area of Savathûn’s Throne World, so expect lots of many-butted horses, transparent brown glass, and art deco designs.
Other Crucible changes
Season 17 is also bringing back Zone Control to Crucible. Zone Control, for anyone that might not be familiar, is a 6v6 mode like Control, only that Guardians don’t get any points for kills. This is intentional, because sometimes matching with random players can result in disjointed team play that can obscure objective focus. To keep all eyes on the objective, players will get points every 15 seconds for every zone that is in their control – so it is very much more diving into a defensive area control game that will allow players to highlight various skill and abilities, rather than just focusing on landing that headshot.
- Each waypoint has a timer that shows when points are being awarded in addition to which team currently owns it.
- Because this is a team effort mode, solo capping takes 22.5 seconds versus having a full fireteam playing together can cap a zone in 7.5 seconds. “Stronger together” isn’t just said because we like Saladin’s voice actor.
- Cap all zones and dramatic music will intensify. Spooky.
Crucible Labs: Zone Control
Zone Control will be launched via a new Crucible Labs node starting in Week 5 (June 21) and will be available until the end of the Season with the exception of when Iron Banner is live.
In addition to what’s new, we are also making some tuning changes to various existing Crucible modes:
- Team gains 1 point per participant when capturing a zone, rather than 1 flat point.
- This is how it was in Destiny 1.
- Time limit is lowered to 90 seconds to match Trials of Osiris.
- Points for Super kills increased to 3 (previously 2).
- Increased score target to 200 (previously 150).
- Decreased time limit to 7 minutes (previously 8).
- Increased time limit to 10 minutes (was 8).
- Increased round score targets to 15 (was 10).
There are just a few more things. Still with me? Good. Onto Gambit.
Ritual Reputation Streak balancing: Speaking of streaks, Bungie has been listening to your feedback on the activity streak system that has been used for the last two Seasons and we’ve made a few adjustments for the Seasons ahead.
The activity streak now takes the sum of streak values across the four reputations (Crucible/Gambit/strikes/Dares) and adjusts them to a maximum of 5 total. If you complete a match that would bring the sum of these over 5, it subtracts a point from the streak of every ritual besides the one you just played. Most importantly, entering any non-ritual activity has no effect.
- You play 5 Crucible matches. You have an activity streak value of Crucible: 5.
- You play a Gambit match. You now have Gambit: 1, Crucible: 4.
- You play 2 more Gambit matches. You now have Gambit: 3, Crucible: 2.
- You play 1 strike. You now have Vanguard: 1, Gambit: 2, Crucible: 1.
- You play another strike. You now have Vanguard: 2, Gambit: 2, Crucible: 1.
Gambit Reputation: With the updates to the Gambit mode with the launch of The Witch Queen, Gambit matches are taking about 60 seconds longer per match than the Beyond Light version (while still being a few minutes shorter than either Forsaken-era Gambit or Gambit Prime). We also noticed that the Gambit reputation-gain rate has dropped behind both Crucible and Vanguard, so we wanted to make some adjustments to bring Gambit back in line after making a similar set of adjustments for Vanguard at the start of Season 16:
- We increased the base reputation gain for a match to 75, up from 50.
- We increased the value of each streak to 20 per streak, up from 15.
This increases the top-end reputation gain (a win on a 5-streak during Mythic/Legend ranks) to 250 a match (up from 200), and on the low end (a loss with no streak) to 75 (from 50). Overall, gains should be around 25% faster just from this change.
Grandmaster Rejoin: Lastly, we have some exciting news for all those Conquerors with bad connections. Starting in Season 17, if you get error-coded out of a non-matchmade Nightfall (any level), you will now rejoin after login. While in this state, you won’t be able to change builds or equipment in the game, the app, or on any third-party websites.
A voluntary option for rank purchases will be available starting in Season 17, which will be available starting in week three. In addition, Bungie will be offering a new rank package that includes 10 Season ranks that can only be purchased once a Season. This will be available in the Eververse Seasons tab on the first day of S17. There will be the option of the Season Pass plus 10 ranks for 2000 Silver, or a standalone option of 10 Season ranks for 1000 Silver if you already own the Season. Whichever option you go with, the 10 ranks can only be purchased once per account each season.
See you starside.
RETWEETS AND SHARES APPRECIATED!
FOLLOW AND SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍