💠 For the final weekend of the Season, Xûr is hanging out on the big tree on Nessus and Trials Labs is live on Endless Vale with Aisha’s Embrace scout rifle as the Flawless weapon. Check out the article below for a more detailed look at Xûr’s inventory, Trials, news, and more!
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tuesday, May 24 @ 10 AM PDT
Where is Xûr? Watcher’s Grave, Nessus (on big tree on the right🌳)
EXOTIC ARMOR(23 LS)
|Gemini Jester||Hunter Leg Armor|
|Actium War Rig||Titan Chest Armor|
|Verity’s Brow||Warlock Helmet|
EXOTIC WEAPON (29 LS)
|Telesto||Energy Fusion Rifle|
OTHER EXOTIC WEAPON
|Name||Type||Random Roll Perk||Cost||Grade on light.gg|
|Hawkmoon||Primary Hand Cannon||Eye of the Storm||125000 Glimmer, 200 Legendary Shards, 1 Exotic Cipher, and 1 Ascendant Shard||F|
|Dead Man’s Tale||Primary Scout Rifle||Outlaw||125000 Glimmer, 200 Legendary Shards, 1 Exotic Cipher, and 1 Ascendant Shard||C|
LEGENDARY WEAPONS (50 LS + 1K GLIMMER)
|Name||Type||Column 1||Column 2||Column 3||Column 4||Grade on light.gg|
|Long Shadow||Kinetic Sniper Rifle||ATD Raptor // ATA Scout||Extended Mag // Flared Magwell||Snapshot Sights||Explosive Payload||B|
|Seventh Seraph SAW||Heavy Machine Gun||Corkscrew Rifling // Polygonal Rifling||High-Caliber Rounds // Light Mag||Auto-Loading Holster||Vorpal Weapon||S|
|Seventh Seraph SI-2||Energy Sidearm||Chambered Compensator // Full Bore||Tactical Mag // Alloy Magazine||Hip-Fire Grip||Elemental Capacitor||F|
|Whispering Slab||Kinetic Combat Bow||Flexible String // Polymer String||Fiberglass Arrow Shaft // Helical Fletching||Quickdraw||Demolitionist||B|
|Widow’s Bite||Energy Sniper Rifle||Full Bore // Hammer-Forged Rifling||Tactical Mag // Flared Magwell||Firmly Planted||Disruption Break||C|
|Royal Entry||Heavy Rocket Launcher||Countermass // Linear Compensator||High-Velocity Rounds // Impact Casing||Field Prep||Thresh||D|
|Eternal Blazon||Energy Scout Rifle||Transmission MS7 // Flash HS5||High-Caliber Rounds // Flared Magwell||Killing Wind||Unrelenting||F|
This weekend Xur is selling Holdfast armor sets from Season of Arrivals. The highest stat armor available is the Hunter and Warlock Legendary arms and helmet (view below).
|Holdfast Grips||Hunter Gauntlets||2||20||11||18||6||9||66||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Vest||Hunter Chest Armor||17||6||7||9||12||12||63||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Cloak||Hunter Cloak||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Mask||Hunter Helmet||2||6||21||2||19||10||60||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Strides||Hunter Leg Armor||9||7||14||2||21||6||59||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Gloves||Warlock Gauntlets||22||9||2||2||12||19||66||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Robes||Warlock Chest Armor||2||13||13||13||6||10||57||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Bond||Warlock Bond||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Cover||Warlock Helmet||19||2||12||18||7||7||65||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Boots||Warlock Leg Armor||6||26||2||6||9||16||65||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Gauntlets||Titan Gauntlets||14||9||9||8||6||17||63||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Plate||Titan Chest Armor||14||15||2||20||2||9||62||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Mark||Titan Mark||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Helm||Titan Helmet||14||9||6||11||18||2||60||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
|Holdfast Greaves||Titan Leg Armor||2||16||9||16||8||8||59||50 Legendary Shards & 1000 Glimmer|
Bold numbers= High Stat | Source: r/DestinyTheGame
Exotic Engram (97 LS)
- An engram with a predestined outcome. Contains a new Exotic if any remain to be collected; otherwise, it contains a random piece of Exotic armor. This item can be purchase only once per week, per account.
Exotic Cipher Quest (No Cost)
- Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit. Extra progress is awarded for more challenging activities and for succeeding with clanmates. Reward: Exotic Cipher Present it to Xûr or the Monument To Lost Lights to receive a reward. You can only hold 1 of this item at a time. (Available on a weekly cadence)
Here is a look at legendary weapons available this week:
Reminder: This is the final Trials event of the Season. After this week, Trials will be on a short break and will make its return on June 10.
Compete in an experimental version of Trials of Osiris. Eliminate your opponents or capture the zone to win.
Ends: Tuesday, May 24 @ 10 AM PDT
Fireteam: 3-players (Matchmaking available)
- Trials Labs: Capture Zones and Freelance with Capture Zones
Map: Endless Vale
|Rank Up||Rank Up (1 Reset)||Rank Up (2 Resets)|
|Rank 10: Eye of Sol – Sniper Rifle (Changes to Messenger Pulse Rifle after one reset)|
Perks: Perpetual Motion
Grade on light.gg: C
|Rank 10: The Messenger – Pulse Rifle (Changes to Shayura’s Wrath with another reset)|
Perks: Rapid Hit and Frenzy
Grade on light.gg: B
|Rank 10: Shayura’s Wrath – Submachine Gun|
Perks: Dynamic Sway Reduction and Tap the Trigger
Grade on light.gg: B
|Rank 17: Igneous Hammer – Hand Cannon (Changes to Sola’s Scar Sword after one reset) |
Grade on light.gg:
|Rank 16: Sola’s Scar – Sword (Changes to Reed’s Regret with another reset)|
Grade on light.gg:
|Rank 16: Reed’s Regret – Linear Fusion Rifle|
Perks: Heating Up and Harmony
Grade on light.gg: C
NOTE ABOUT THE FLAWLESS POOL:
Any player in the Flawless pool who is at the seventh win of a given passage will have chances for Adept weapons to drop post-match. Whether you still have Flawless passage or ended up with a couple losses, you’ll continue to have chances for post-match Adept drops once you’ve reached seven total wins. -dmg04 (Bungie Senior CM)
The final Ceremony Event has Begun! Make sure to stop by the podium in the Tower to receive your rewards (all classes get rewards, not just Warlocks)!
NOTE: To get your rewards, stand on your class symbol on the Guardian Games podium and press whatever key/button it prompts you with.
- Players will receive rewards and a Laurel Crown glow that is active when in the Tower, which will remain until the next Ceremony event or until Guardian Games ends.
- Players’ class items will also change colors to show their current standing after the Ceremony event, being gold, silver, or bronze.
Learn more on our Guardian Games page.
GUARDIAN GAMES CEREMONY EVENT DETAILS
Tower Podium, Medallion and Score thresholds, and Ceremony event
During Guardian Games, the Towers Guardian Games Podium will change daily to reflect the current status of the leading team. Class flags will update throughout the day to show which team is leading, and there will also be a calendar showing the winner for each day throughout the event.
Hitting a score threshold, by achieving strike scores through the Guardian Games playlist or by banking Medallions at the Tower Podium, and activating the torches for each threshold will grant players a glow when in the Tower. The player in the Tower with the highest weekly score receives a special glow. Glows remain active until the weekly reset.
On the Friday of each week, the Ceremony event will become live in the Tower. Points accumulated by each class during the week will determine the winner of each week’s Ceremony event. Players will receive rewards and a Laurel Crown glow that is active when in the Tower, which will remain until the next Ceremony event or until Guardian Games ends. Additionally, players’ class items will also change colors to show their current standing after the Ceremony event, being gold, silver, or bronze.
A new Destiny 2 Prime Gaming bundle is available for Prime members!
Players with an active Prime Gaming membership can now earn in-game Exotic Gear Drops in Destiny 2. Each drop will contain four rewards, including Exotic weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If you do not have a membership, you may start your free trial here (*This link supports Kyber3000 with a small commission for each sign up). You may visit this page to start your free trial and support Kyber at the same time or here is a non-affiliate link).
Tip of the Spear Exotic Bundle
- Tip of the Spear Exotic Sparrow
- The Tall Tale Exotic Ship
- Drop Pod Legendary Ghost Shell
- Taunt Dance Legendary Emote
Once you have signed up for Prime Gaming and have connected your accounts, you can claim your Destiny 2 Exotic Gear Drops every month on the Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
After claiming your drop, log into Destiny 2 and visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower’s Hangar where you will be able to claim your rewards from her inventory screen.
You will have until the 10 AM Pacific on the last day of the drop to claim the rewards on Destiny 2 Prime Gaming website.
Where do I get my Destiny 2 Prime Gaming Bundle?
- Your claimed drop will be available from Amanda Holliday in The Tower next time you log in to Destiny 2.
- Additional drops will be available to claim as long as you remain an Amazon Prime member.
- Note: New players will need to complete the game introduction prior to receiving in-game content.
- If you’re unable to receive your content, see the FAQs for more detail.
- If you claim a reward on a wrong account, you will be unable to reclaim that reward.
- Additionally, if you use Amazon Prime Household Sharing, only ONE person will be able to claim a reward.
Still have questions? Check out Bungie’s Help article for more details on how everything works.
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more!
News and Updates
- The Witch Queen: Website | Support
- Our Season 17 Info Page
- DCV: Destiny Content Vault | Content Vault – Year 5
- Help: Destiny 2 Known Issues | Report Issues to the #Help forum
- Other: Find a Fireteam | Destiny 2: New Player Guide | Cross Save
Info from the latest This Week at Bungie article.
Last Chance Bungie Rewards
Players looking to earn certain Bungie Rewards should complete the associated in-game achievement before 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC) on May 24:
- 2022 Guardian Games Tankard
- 2022 Guardian Games Medal
- Psionic Operator Long Sleeve Shirt
- Vow of the Disciple Pin
- The Witch Queen Legendary Pin
- Risen Seal Collectible Medallion Pin
These rewards will be available to purchase from the Bungie Store until May 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM PDT (0659 UTC).
Claim Your In-Game Rewards
Players should make sure to claim all engrams and other rewards before the new Season begins. Any rewards not claimed from ritual vendors (Zavala, Shaxx, Drifter, and Saint-14) will be removed at the beginning of the next Season.
Etheric Spiral Deprecation
With the start of Season 17, Etheric Spirals will be deprecated and no longer available to exchange for other materials or currencies. Players should exchange their Etheric Spirals at the Cryptarch in the Tower prior to the launch of Season 17 at 10 AM, May 24.
Vendor Reward Reset
As a reminder, all vendor ranks will reset with the start of Season 17. Players should claim any vendor rank rewards before they are reset with the launch of Season 17 at 10 AM, May 24.
Vow of the Disciple Emblem
The Cleaver emblem and associated Triumph for the completion of the Vow of the Disciple raid during the Contest Mode extension have been successfully distributed to all qualifying players.
Destiny Player Support has investigated reports of players who believed to have qualified for the emblem and Triumph but did not receive them, and in all instances the players had at least one encounter of the raid that was not successfully recorded as complete during the Contest Mode window.
For players to have earned this emblem, they had to receive a reward in every raid encounter during Contest Mode. If players did not receive a reward after completing a specific encounter, the game did not count them as completing the encounter, and so The Cleaver emblem could not be granted.
To prepare for the launch of Season of [REDACTED], Destiny 2 will undergo scheduled downtime from 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC) to 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC) on May 24. Below is the scheduled timeline for this release:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Maintenance is scheduled to begin.
- 9:45 AM (1645 UTC): Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 10 AM (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought back online. Update 4.1.0 will be playable on all platforms and regions.
- 11 AM (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to complete.
For more information, please visit Bungie’s Destiny Server and Update Status help article.
- Season of the [Redacted] begins! Stay tuned to @DestinyTheGame on Tuesday sometime before the weekly reset at 10 AM PDT for a new Season trailer.
- Dive into an all new Dungeon!
- The weekly Raid and Dungeon rotators go live.
- Become humanity’s champion in the Proving Grounds Nightfall (With the start of Season 17, the featured Nightfall weapon(s) will be unknown until it is back on a rotation, we will update it ASAP every week once the weapon(s) are confirmed in-game. To find out what the Nightfall is and/or weapon check out our Nightfall schedule.)
- Crucible Playlist: Momentum Control
Solstice arrives on June 19 and is available to all players!
- Solstice name has changed to just Solstice (without “of Heroes”).
- Players will only upgrade one armor set, with armor stat re-rolling. Armor upgrades can be earned by completing Event Challenges.
- For example, upgrading armor will allow you to reroll its stats and the stat potential of the armor will be shared across those drops.
- A new feature is an activity in the European Aerial Zone called Bonfire Bash, where Guardians will be building and stoking what can only be described as “paracausal bonfires” while the enemies of summer fun (including the Taken, Cabal, Hive, and Fallen) will be attempting to crash the party and extinguish the fires.
- Bungie has made it easier to transverse the EAZ by adding floating islands and removing building-barriers for maximum maneuverability.
Starting in Season 17, there will be a new feature called the Event Card. When Solstice begins, players will gain access to this Event Card which includes new points of interest to explore, including:
- Event Challenges
- Event Seals and Titles
- Unique Event Rewards
Every Event Card will be available for free to all players and can be accessed by interacting with Eva Levante in the Tower or via the Quests tab (right next to Seasonal Challenges). Event Cards and their associated challenges and rewards can be accessed for the entire event before disappearing once their corresponding event ends.
Event Challenges are objectives that players can complete to earn rewards. Certain Event Challenges will award players with familiar items such as event shaders, emblems, or other gear, and they’ll also grant Event Tickets.
Every Event Challenge will be available for players to complete right when the event starts, so you won’t need to wait until the next week for additional Challenges to become available. Event Challenges can be completed in any order and at any point while an event is active.
Event Seals and Titles
In addition to Event Challenges, we’re also going to be introducing event Seals and titles that you can earn. There are two types of event-based Seals that players can work towards:
- Individual Event Seals
- A New Multi-Event Seal
Starting with Solstice this year, each Destiny event will come with a seal that players can complete as well as gild. Completing these event Seals is as simple as completing all the Event Challenges on its Event Card. Finishing every Event Challenge will automatically earn you Seal progress and unlock the title for that Seal. Gilding event Seals will require completing additional Triumphs that will only become available once the standard Seal has been completed—gilding lasts until the event begins again the following year. Progress on individual event Seals can be tracked directly in the Event Card by hovering over the card on the left-hand side of the screen or by viewing the event Seal from the Triumphs page.
There’s also a new multi-event Seal that event-loving players will be able to work toward. Starting with Solstice, players can complete a certain number of Event Challenges in each of the four yearly Destiny events to complete this Seal. This means that the earliest players can complete the multi-event Seal will be in Guardian Games of next year and doing so will also earn them a unique event title. You’ll also be able to gild this new Seal after completing the standard version and we’ll be sharing more details on how to do this in the coming year.
Upgraded Event Card Rewards
A new event means new event-themed cosmetics for Guardians to customize their experience. While those items have traditionally been part of the Eververse store, with the upcoming Solstice event, we will curate a collection of these items as unique rewards through the Event Card itself. These rewards will only be available through the Event Card during their initial release but, like most of our cosmetics, there’s always a chance they’ll become available again via Eververse at a future date.
While the Event Card and Event Challenge rewards are free for all players, acquiring these extra cosmetic rewards will require players to purchase the upgraded Event Card. Upgrading the Event Card will cost 1000 Silver and immediately grants players an Exotic reward bundle. Players can then acquire even more rewards by spending the Event Tickets they collect from Event Challenges.
The overall value of the upgraded Event Card will vary somewhat but is expected to regularly exceed 3000 Silver.
|Description||Type||Instant Unlock / Event Tickets|
|Hot Dog Eating Champ||Exotic Emote||Instant|
|Sunny Exotic Ghost Shell||Exotic Ghost Shell||Instant|
|Iris Gossamer||Legendary Shader||Instant|
|Skateboarding Emote||Legendary Emote||Tickets|
|(TBD)||Legendary Ghost Hologram||Tickets|
|(TBD)||Legendary Ghost Hologram||Tickets|
|(TBD)||Legendary Transmat FX||Tickets|
Hint: If you aren’t sure whether you will complete the event, wait until the last week to make the purchase and see how many Event Tickets you have accumulated! But don’t wait until the very last minute because Event Tickets will expire once an event ends and the Event Card goes away.
Source: TWAB – May 19, 2022
Here is a look at a few more changes coming next week with Update 4.1.0 and the start of Season 17. Full patch notes will be available on May 24.
- Updated the Director navigation header to a new style to make it more scalable.
- Fixed a visual bug on the Title Screen when playing with a screen aspect ratio greater than 16:9.
- Fixed a logic bug that would sometimes show inaccurate informational text on the Bungie Name Change screen after a player had changed their name via Bungie.net.
- Improved the consistency with which PlayStation and Xbox platform rosters update the online status of platform friends.
Dares of Eternity
- Increased Strange Coins earned from the reward chest in Dares of Eternity from 1 to 3.
- This does not affect the number of Strange Coins earned from Lightning Round chests.
Power and Progression
- Power Bands have been increased for the new Season:
- Power Floor: 1350 (unchanged)
- Soft Cap: 1510 (up from 1500)
- Powerful Cap: 1560 (up from 1550)
- Hard Cap: 1570 (up from 1560)
- The Character Power Boost has been increased to 1510 with the new Soft Cap.
- Vault space has been increased by 100 (was 500, is now 600).
- While we know this doesn’t enable players to save every single piece of loot in the game, the team was able to pull some strings and get a little more space for your vaults as they continue to investigate future solutions.
- Xûr’s inventory should no longer be different if players manage to find him at destinations shortly after the weekly reset happens on Tuesday.
- He will still reappear with new gifts from the Nine when he returns at his regularly scheduled time on Friday.
- While his will is not his own, he needs a break each week—no more working overtime.
- Increased Scorn Crossbow damage by 300%, ensuring players will always be one-shot by their attacks, no matter their Power level or how many damage resist modifiers they have equipped.
- Don’t worry, that’s a joke.
- Had you there for a second, didn’t I?
- Here’s the real patch note…
- Scorn sniper damage brought in line (reduced) with other combatant sniper weapons.
- Spread of projectiles increased to reduce instances of multiple projectiles hitting players.
Source: TWAB – May 19, 2022
Next week, a brand-new dungeon launces on Friday, May 27 at 10 AM Pacific.
Normal Recommended Power: 1550
- Master difficulty will be live day one as well, but Bungie is leaving those entry requirements for you to see in the game next week.
Here is a high-level look at all of the rewards available from the dungeon next Friday:
- 1 Legendary Armor Set Per Class
- Artifice Versions can also be acquired via Master Difficulty
- 4 Legendary New Weapons
- 2 Legendary Reprised Weapons
- 1 Exotic Weapon
- 1 Exotic Catalyst
- 1 Exotic Accessory (Ship or Sparrow)
- 2 Legendary Emblems
Assuming you plan to brave the challenges that await you, these are the treasures you can claim.
Best way to get this dungeon as well as the one coming in Season 19 is to have the Digital Deluxe Edition of The Witch Queen. If you have that, you are already good to go! If you want to experience an entire year of Destiny 2 content and haven’t purchased the Deluxe Edition yet, starting next Tuesday, it’s going to be on sale for 25% off (exact timing and duration may vary by platform).
If you just want the dungeons, totally fine, you can pick up both as part of The Witch Queen Dungeon Key in the Eververse store for 2000 Silver.
Source: TWAB – May 19, 2022
Trials will make its first return in Season 17 on June 10 at 10 AM PDT.
New Loot coming in Season 17:
- Fusion Rifle and Sidearm
- New Armor sets (see image above)
- Ghost Shell and Falcon’s Chase Sparrow (see below)
More details will be available at a later date.
Source: TWAB – May 19, 2022
Here is some info from the latest Bungie article about The Gauntlet charity.
If you’d like to help our team in the competition, while also helping to raise funds for important causes, check out the information below!
Bungie Foundation: This weekend will culminate in a head-to-head tabletop tournament full of fun, competition, and most importantly, supporting a great cause. Help us raise funds for this year’s recipient, Zeno Math. Zeno’s mission is to spark joy and inspire a love of math in youth children and families through racial equity, family engagement, and play, all centered in the experience of communities of color. Zeno changes the landscape of early math through a unique play-based approach, and they believe that math skills and abilities are essential to leading a full and robust life.
Head to the Bungie Donation Page to commit your support on or before this Sunday, May 22 at 11:59 PM Pacific!
Anyone who donates $25 in a single donation to our Team Page will receive the Venn’s Pulsar emblem, which will be distributed by Friday, June 10.
Rules of the Road: To be eligible for the emblem, donations must be made to this campaign between May 15 and May 22 at 11:59 PM Pacific. A unique redemption code will be emailed to the email address used to make the donation. One redemption code will be distributed per email for qualifying donations.
See you starside.
RETWEETS AND SHARES APPRECIATED!
FOLLOW AND SUPPORT
Note: If you want to support me when buying games on the Epic Games Store, enter code Kyber3000 at checkout and your purchase will support me (commission is usually about 5% of the sale). You can also support me when signing up for Amazon/Twitch Prime or when purchasing eligible items using my Amazon Affiliate link. Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you! 🤍