Have a good weekend!
Next Week in Destiny
Here is a look at what’s going on next week in Destiny 2.
- Trials: Capture Zone and Freelance
- Activity Bonus: Double Nightfall Rewards
- Nightfall: The Glassway
- Expected Weapon: D.F.A. – This is also the last chance to earn this weapon before it leaves the loot pool.
- Crucible: Mayhem
- Last Wish raid
- Shattered Throne dungeon
Xûr, Agent of the Nine
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tuesday, February 10 at 9 AM PST
Where is Xûr?
This week Xur is hanging out at Watcher’s Grave, Nessus (on the big tree). Here is a video showing how to find him.
Cost: 23 Legendary Shards
Cost: 29 Legendary Shards
Click image for details
Auto Rifle (Kinetic)
Exotic Weapons (with Random Roll)
Legendary Weapons and Armor
Click the weapon icon to view details on light.gg.
Energy Fusion Rifle
Heavy Grenade Launcher
Heavy Rocket Launcher
Tears of Contrition
Kinetic Scout Rifle
Seventh Seraph SI-2
Kinetic Submachine Gun
One for All
Energy Trace Rifle
Lead from Gold
Anti-Extinction (Dead Orbit) armor from a past Faction Rallies event.
Hunter Chest Armor
Titan Chest Armor
Warlock Chest Armor
Titan Class Item
Warlock Class Item
Trials of Osiris
Trials of Osiris is a competitive crucible event that is available from Friday at 10 AM (PDT) until the Weekly Reset at 10 AM (PDT).
Ends: Tuesday, February 10 @ 9 AM PST
Access: The Witch Queen
Matchmaking Available: Yes
Activity Bonus: No
When Does Trials Of Osiris Arrive?
Trials of Osiris currently starts every Friday at 10 AM (PDT) and ends on Tuesday at 10 AM (PDT). Trials is usually not available for the first month when a new season begins.
Trials of Osiris will not be live during the following:
- The first week of a new season.
- The week a new raid releases.
- Any week Iron Banner is active.
Required to Access Trials of Osiris:
✅ Power 1520+
- As of Season 21, this is Lightfall.
✅ A Passage (see below)
- Purchase from Saint-14 while Trials is active.
Please note, Expansion ownership does not transfer between platforms.
- Purchase a Trials Passage to start competing in Trials of Osiris and track rounds and matches won.
- Complete Trials rounds and matches to earn Trials Ranks based on the number of round wins on your ticket and in the current match.
- Complete a Flawless Ticket to open the Lighthouse and get the weekly Adept Trials weapon, a piece of Trials armor, and a chance at unique cosmetic items.
- Complete Ranks to earn Trials Engrams.
- Trials armor always drops with high-stat packages, as well as glows if you have gone flawless.
- Dominion (Current Mode, as of Season 21)
- To win, your team must become the last Guardian(s) standing by defeating the entire opposing team or capturing the zone.
- Dominion: A capture zone appears at the start of each round. Win the round by capturing the zone.
- Elimination: Wins can also be achieved by defeating the opposing team.
- Revives: Teammate revives are enabled.
- Classic 3v3 Elimination
- Achieve victory by eliminating all opponents in this round-based mode.
- Trials Labs: Freelance
- Solo fireteams only
- Trials Labs: Capture Zone
- Classic 3v3 elimination with a twist. 30 seconds into the first round, a flag spawns in the middle of the map. Capturing the zone guarantees that the team who captured it will win the round regardless if all players die on both sides.
Cost: 10000 Glimmer + 15 Legendary Shards
- Each class will receive Pinnacle Gear on a weekly basis.
- After opening the Chest and leaving The Lighthouse, players must complete a new Flawless Passage to return.
Passage of Mercy
Forgives one loss per run.
Passage of Ferocity
Your third match win grants a bonus win.
Passage of Wealth
Unlocks at 5 wins
Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket.
Passage of Wisdrom
Unlocks at 7 wins
Grants bonus XP from wins
Passage of Confidence
Unlocks at Flawless
Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest.
- Classic 3v3 Elimination
- To win, your team must become the last Guardian(s) standing by defeating the entire opposing team. Tiebreaker: A capture zone appears when a round reaches overtime. Win the round by capturing the zone before the other team.
View more details on the Trials page.
A new and exciting ability coming with Strand is the grapple. Here’s Bungie’s description about how the grapple works: “Players can press the grenade button and their Guardian will weave a hook from Strand matter which they can grab onto an anchor point. The grappling hook will then begin contracting, pulling the Guardian along. Strand’s grapple can create its own grapple points out of thin air, so you can always propel yourself through the sky even if there’s not a solid surface to latch onto. Guardians will also be able to execute melee strikes during or at the end of a grapple, known as a grapple melee, which will deal bonus damage, unravel an enemy, and push them backwards.” Sounds like fun to me!
- Suspend – A suspended PvE enemy is lifted off the ground for a brief duration and is essentially disabled. In PvP, suspended players are lifted off the ground but can still move (albeit slowly) and fire their weapon to fight back.
- Unravel – Attacking an unraveled enemy will cause threads to burst out of the target and attack other nearby targets. Once hit, that target will also become unraveled.
- Sever – A severed enemy is less capable of affecting the material world, reducing their damage output as a result.
“The major buff coming with Strand is Woven Mail. With this ability, the Guardian is sheathed in a protective mesh of Strand matter, reducing incoming damage. Note that in PvP, Woven Mail will only reduce damage taken on the body; head damage and melee damage will continue as normal.”
- Bladefury (Super): Weave powerful claws and charge the battlefield armed with new Light and Heavy attacks at your disposal.
- Frenzied Blade (Melee): Dash at your targets and slash at them with blades of finely honed Strand.
- Into the Fray (Aspect): Enhance your armor with Woven Mail and increase your melee regeneration.
- Drengr’s Lash (Aspect): Unleash a frontal shockwave which suspends targets caught in the blast.
- Needlestorm (Super): Weave a cloud of Strand before shattering it, causing a hailstorm of piercing missiles that detonate upon impact.
- Arcane Needle (Melee): Throw a Strand needle that tracks your target and unravels them.
- Grapple: When you execute a grapple melee, the Warlock weaves three Threadling eggs from the target.
- Threadling Grenade: You can consume your Threadling Grenade to generate a full complement of perched Threadlings.
- Shackle Grenade: You can consume your Shackle Grenade to gain a buff, creating a suspending detonation on every kill.
- Weaver’s Call (Aspect): When casting a rift, weave three Threadlings on the ground in front of you.
- Mindspun Invocation (Aspect): Empower your grenades with additional Broodweaver-specific qualities.
What are “Threadlings”?
“Threadlings are explosive minions woven from Strand matter,” he said. “The Warlock Broodweaver, being the cerebral type, is more in tune with Threadlings than the other classes. All Threadlings will run forward, jump on enemies, and explode. But only the Warlock’s Threadlings will return to the Warlock and travel with them if they can’t find a target.”
“Let’s say I have three Threadlings and I only need two of them to defeat an enemy. If I’m a Warlock, that last one is going to run back, hop on to me, and condense down into a form that is orbiting me, which is known as ‘perching.’ Then, the next time I attack an enemy, it will pop off and attack that same enemy, which really gives it this sense of having these minions that are doing my bidding. They love me and they want to come back and hang out with me.”
- Silkstrike (Super): Combine a grappling hook and rope dart to exploit the battlefield and deftly execute your targets.
- Threaded Spike (Melee): Throw a rope dart that damages targets, ricochets, and returns melee energy.
- Ensnaring Slam (Aspect): Descend upon your targets from above, slamming the ground and suspending them in the blast.
- Widow’s Silk (Aspect): Grapple more often and create grapple points that you and your fireteam can use indefinitely.
- Thread of Ascent: Activating your grenade ability reloads your equipped weapon and grants increased weapon handling and airborne effectiveness for a short time.
- Thread of Fury: Damaging targets with a Tangle grants melee energy.
- Thread of Finality: Finishers generate Threadlings.
- Thread of Warding: Picking up an orb of power grants Woven Mail.
What are your thoughts on Strand and which subclass do you plan on playing when Lightfall launches? Comment below.
Issues that caused problematic relays to be taken offline last Friday have been resolved. Bungie stated they will be deploying with Lightfall for few hidden bugs they found. This fix should improve network quality for those with good network connections. Check out the TWAB article for more.
All items that change appearance based on your currently equipped subclass will be compatible with Strand.
Subclass-Agnostic Legendary Finishers
Subclass-Agnostic Legendary Finishers2020, 2021, and 2022 Solstice Armor Sets
- “Ghost Fist Bump” Exotic Emote
- Aneatus Wards and Ornaments
- No Backup Plans and Ornaments
- Ghost Projections
The following armor and weapon perks will also be compatible with Strand, when applicable, come Lightfall:
- Elemental Capacitor
- Explosive Payload
- Cluster Bombs
- Chain Reaction
- Chromatic Fire’s “Crystalline Transistor”
- Mantle of Battle Harmony’s “Absorption Cells”
- The Bombadiers’ “Parting Gift”
- Verity’s Brow’s “The Fourth Magic”
- Felwinter’s Helm’s “Warlord’s End”
- And more as a possibility in the future post-launch
Weapon Crafting Changes
“Starting with Lightfall, Bungie will be completely removing Resonant Elements and Deepsight attunement objective from the game. Standard currencies such as Glimmer, Enhancement Cores, etc. will replace the Element costs that exist today.
Resonant and Harmonic Alloys will still be used at launch; however, we are planning to overhaul these currencies later in the Lightfall year. Ascendant Alloys will remain as is for now.”
Destiny Content Vault Update
With the launch of Lightfall on February 28, 2023, some activities, vendors, and destinations will be vaulted.
- Nightmare Containment
- Sever Missions
- Vox Obscura
- Operation: Seraph’s Shield
- Operation Missions
“Expansion content will no longer be added to the DCV. Players can expect all Season 16-19 content to enter the DCV, excluding the Season 16 PsiOps Battlegrounds and the Season 19 Heist Battlegrounds, which will instead be added to the Vanguard Ops playlist beginning in Season 20.”
View the The Destiny Content Vault (DCV) Guide for a full look at what’s being removed.
Festival of the Lost Poll
Results of the poll are in and the winner for the Festival of the Lost armor ornament is: TEAM SPIDER!
- Hunters: 56% of the vote for Team Spider
- Titans: a huge 72% of the vote for Team Spider
- Warlocks: broke the mold with a 53% vote for Team Beetle.
Support for Syria and Turkey
“In the early hours of Monday, February 6 a devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck southern Turkey near the Syrian border. Hours later, the region was hit again by 7.5 magnitude aftershock. Cities across Turkey and Syria lie in destruction, over 11,000 have been killed with many more presumed dead, and hundreds of thousands are seeking refuge during the freezing winter months.”
Bungie is calling on all Guardians to come together to help support humanitarian aid efforts in the region (Turkey/Syria).
A special emblem has been designed to show support for Syria and Turkey relief efforts. All donations of $25 or more will receive the Compassion Concentric emblem. Click the link below to donate and/or get more details or visit https://bung.ie/quake.
*All funds raised during this campaign will go directly to Direct Relief and the IRC.
Prime Gaming Exotic Bundle
The Sunshot Exotic bundle is available now for Prime Gaming members!
Bundle expires: March 8, 2023
For Platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox X/S, Xbox One
Membership: Prime Gaming Exotic Bundles are only available for Prime Gaming members. Each bundle contains at least four rewards (and sometimes an emblem), these bundles include exotic weapons, ghosts, ships, sparrows, and weapon ornaments from previous Seasons. If your new to Prime Gaming, all new members can get a free 30-day trial which may be cancelled at any time
Important details from the Prime Gaming website: If you’re located in one of the “Amazon Prime Supported Countries” listed here, click the “Try Prime” button above to sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime (excluding customers located in Quebec, Canada). Or, if you’re located in one of the “PrimeVideo.com Supported Countries” listed here, click the “Try Prime” button above to sign up for a free 7-day trial of Prime Video. If you’re already a Prime member, then click “Sign In” to sign in to your Prime account and click “Get in-game content” to begin the claim process.(Please note that Prime Gaming is not available in Russia, China, and embargoed territories).
View more details on this Prime Gaming post.
Recent News & Updates
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more.
Helpful Links and Resources
Articles Regarding Upcoming Changes
- Buildcrafting Evolved
- Economy Updates and More Coming in Lightfall
- Inside Strand
- Abilities – A look at the Past, Present, and Future of 3.0
Changes Coming with Lightfall/Season 19
Follow and Support
If you like what I do, please consider supporting me on Ko-fi (similar to Patreon). Another way to support me is by using creator code Kyber3000 when buying games at the Epic Games Store (or in various games like Fortnite on in game items). Your purchase(s) will support me with a small commission. You may also support me when signing up for Amazon/Prime Gaming or when purchasing eligible items using our Amazon Affiliate link.
Thank you for your support! 🤍
Ko-fi is a website that is similar to Patreon. where people may support me one-time or monthly.
EPIC GAMES SALE
The Epic Games Store February Savings Event is Live Now until February 16!
Use creator code KYBER3000 to support me when purchasing games (enter code at checkout).
I will receive a small commission when my code is used at checkout on on in-game items for various games such as Fortnite.