Have a good weekend!
Next Week in Destiny
Here is a look at what’s going on next week in Destiny 2.
- Activity Bonus: Crucible ranks
- Nightfall: The Scarlet Keep
- Expected Weapon: Horror’s Least
- Crucible Playlist: Team Scorched
- Featured Pinnacle Rotators:
- Raid: Deep Stone Crypt
- Dungeon: Prophecy
- Update 220.127.116.11
- Final free gift of Bright Dust from Eververse
Xûr, Agent of the Nine
A peddler of strange curios, Xûr’s motives are not his own. He bows to his distant masters, the nine.
Departs: Tuesday, Jan 20 at 9 AM PST
Where is Xûr?
Cost: 23 LEGENDARY SHARDS
Cost: 29 LEGENDARY SHARDS
Exotic Weapons (with Random Roll)
Legendary Weapons and Armor
Energy Fusion Rifle
Heavy Grenade Launcher
Heavy Rocket Launcher
Tears of Contrition
Kinetic Scout Rifle
Seventh Seraph SI-2
Kinetic Submachine Gun
One for All
Energy Trace Rifle
Lead from Gold
|Lightkin Gauntlets||Titan Gauntlets||10||2||20||9||11||7||59|
|Lightkin Plate||Titan Chest Armor||6||26||2||6||2||21||63|
|Lightkin Mark||Titan Mark||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Lightkin Helm||Titan Helmet||8||16||8||12||14||2||60|
|Lightkin Greaves||Titan Leg Armor||9||2||17||13||12||2||55|
|Lightkin Gloves||Warlock Gauntlets||14||12||2||22||2||9||61|
|Lightkin Robes||Warlock Chest Armor||25||2||2||16||2||12||59|
|Lightkin Bond||Warlock Bond||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Lightkin Cover||Warlock Helmet||12||2||16||6||18||2||56|
|Lightkin Boots||Warlock Leg Armor||10||2||20||12||15||2||61|
|Lightkin Grips||Hunter Gauntlets||7||20||6||12||16||6||67|
|Lightkin Vest||Hunter Chest Armor||8||12||9||12||2||14||57|
|Lightkin Cloak||Hunter Cloak||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Lightkin Mask||Hunter Helmet||2||13||14||14||7||7||57|
|Lightkin Strides||Hunter Leg Armor||15||2||15||6||23||2||63|
Trials of Osiris
Trials of Osiris is a competitive crucible event that is available from Friday at 10 AM (PDT) until the Weekly Reset at 10 AM (PDT).
Ends: Tuesday, January 24 @ 9 AM PST
Access: The Witch Queen
Matchmaking Available: Yes
Activity Bonus: No
When Does Trials Of Osiris Arrive?
Trials of Osiris currently starts every Friday at 10 AM (PDT) and ends on Tuesday at 10 AM (PDT). Trials is usually not available for the first month when a new season begins.
Trials of Osiris will not be live during the following:
- The first week of a new season.
- The week a new raid releases.
- Any week Iron Banner is active.
Required to Access Trials of Osiris:
✅ Power 1520+
- As of Season 21, this is Lightfall.
✅ A Passage (see below)
- Purchase from Saint-14 while Trials is active.
Please note, Expansion ownership does not transfer between platforms.
- Purchase a Trials Passage to start competing in Trials of Osiris and track rounds and matches won.
- Complete Trials rounds and matches to earn Trials Ranks based on the number of round wins on your ticket and in the current match.
- Complete a Flawless Ticket to open the Lighthouse and get the weekly Adept Trials weapon, a piece of Trials armor, and a chance at unique cosmetic items.
- Complete Ranks to earn Trials Engrams.
- Trials armor always drops with high-stat packages, as well as glows if you have gone flawless.
- Dominion (Current Mode, as of Season 21)
- To win, your team must become the last Guardian(s) standing by defeating the entire opposing team or capturing the zone.
- Dominion: A capture zone appears at the start of each round. Win the round by capturing the zone.
- Elimination: Wins can also be achieved by defeating the opposing team.
- Revives: Teammate revives are enabled.
- Classic 3v3 Elimination
- Achieve victory by eliminating all opponents in this round-based mode.
- Trials Labs: Freelance
- Solo fireteams only
- Trials Labs: Capture Zone
- Classic 3v3 elimination with a twist. 30 seconds into the first round, a flag spawns in the middle of the map. Capturing the zone guarantees that the team who captured it will win the round regardless if all players die on both sides.
Cost: 10000 Glimmer + 15 Legendary Shards
- Each class will receive Pinnacle Gear on a weekly basis.
- After opening the Chest and leaving The Lighthouse, players must complete a new Flawless Passage to return.
Passage of Mercy
Forgives one loss per run.
Passage of Ferocity
Your third match win grants a bonus win.
Passage of Wealth
Unlocks at 5 wins
Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket.
Passage of Wisdrom
Unlocks at 7 wins
Grants bonus XP from wins
Passage of Confidence
Unlocks at Flawless
Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest.
- Capture Zone
View more details on the Trials page.
Save the Date – Lightfall Raid
The next raid arriving with Lightfall will go live on Friday, March 10 at Reset (9 AM PST). More details will be shared before it’s launch.
Here is a breakdown of what was shared in the recent Buildcrafting article:
- Loadouts and mod customization:
- Consolidate, consolidate, consolidate.
- How the system has evolved and what areas the team wanted to address first.
- How the Mod Customization screen will operate.
- Champions: new ways to counter Champions, including via subclass.
- That’s right, we’re fine-tuning every single mod.
- Reduction in pressure on armor energy by tweaking armor mod costs and how Artifact perks fit in.
- How buildcrafting is changing in Match Game.
- How Elemental Wells are changing.
- A brief look at the road ahead.
Check out the full article here.
The following changes are coming with Update on Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
Dredgen Title Gliding
Bungie is changing the requirements from 30 Gambit wins to glid the Dredgen title to 50 match completions, with bonus credit for wins.
So long Blues
Starting next week, blue engrams will stop dropping once you reach the soft gear cap. Bungie also adjusted all other Gunsmith reputation gains by +25% to compensate for removing Gunsmith reputation from dismantling blue gear.
In response to feedback, Bungie is bringing back a permanent Rumble node on the Crucible screen and will be removing it from the rotator playlist.
“The catalyst quests for the Year-3 Season Pass Exotics (Eriana’s Vow, Symmetry, Tommy’s Matchbook, and Witherhoard) will now benefit from the Season Pass boosts like other Exotic catalyst quests. Additionally, any Seasonal ritual playlist activity will count toward ritual progress for all Season Pass Exotic catalyst quests.”
Exotic Glaive Crafting
Only one portion of each Weapon Pattern from the Wellspring weapons will be needed for the Exotic Glaive Quest. Each daily Wellspring weapon will have guaranteed Deepsight for the first daily drop. Last, once an Exotic Glaive recipe has been unlocked, your other characters may purchase the other class recipes from the Evidence Board.
Bungie has provided a good amount of insight regarding Matchmaking. There goals are to make the Crucible an accessible and fair activity for all player’s. Once some kinks have been straightened out, the next feature on deck is dynamic skill matchmaking. This feature is focused towards improving matchmaking during low population time or if you are in a low population bracket.
Statement from Bungie: “This is all to say: we are aware of the current status of matchmaking, and we are continually working toward improving our features and systems. We believe we are on the right track, and we would like to share some of the data that makes us believe as much.”
Check out the TWAB for more details.
Here are sandbox changes coming next week with Update 18.104.22.168
- Primary weapons
- Aim Assist
- Reduced all additional Primary weapon auto aim (bullet bend) penalties by ~60% at 0 AE for both mouse and keyboard (MnK) and controller.
- Increased the precision angle (how far off a head target you can be and still have auto-aim give you a headshot instead of a body shot) by 50% at 100 AE. Changed the curve to be exponential, so you'll get more benefit at high AE for MnK and controller.
- Removed all additional Primary weapon magnetism (reticle friction) penalties, and at 60-100 AE you get a magnetism bonus compared to pre-AE for controller only.
- Reduced airborne accuracy penalty for all Primary weapons, per weapon type:
- Hand Cannon, Sidearm: 60%
- Auto Rifle, Scout Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Submachine Gun: 20%
- Bow: 30%
- Aim Assist
- Special weapons
- Sniper Rifles and Slug Shotguns: reduced base airborne accuracy penalty by 50%.
- Pellet Shotguns: fully removed airborne accuracy penalty.
- Increased damage and aim assist falloff start at 0 range by ~30%.
- Reduced damage and aim assist falloff start at 100 range by ~6%.
- Adaptive SMGs lag behind Lightweights in effectiveness, dealing more body shot damage, but much less critical hit damage despite sharing the same rate of fire. To narrow this gap, we have increased their critical hit multiplier, which makes them feel more rewarding in skilled hands and increases their lethality against certain resilience values.
- Increased critical hit multiplier from 1.44 to 1.5.
- Crit damage goes from 16.2 to 16.9.
- We inadvertently skipped Forensic Nightmare when we adjusted the zoom of other SMGs, so we're correcting that oversight:
- Increased Forensic Nightmare's zoom from 13 to 14.
- Reduced aim assist falloff start at 100 range by ~10%.
- Reduced damage falloff start at 100 range by ~5%.
- Increased recoil by 20% on MnK only.
- BxR-55 Battler is by far the most effective Legendary Pulse Rifle, in large part due to being extremely strong up close with the Legacy Frame intrinsic and highly lethal at long range with best-in-subfamily zoom. We felt the fantasy of the gun fit better with the CQB, hip-fire, aggressive style of gameplay, so we have brought the zoom down to more closely match standard Lightweight Pulse Rifles, which will open some space for other options to work in.
- Reduced BxR-55 Battler zoom from 20 to 18.
- Reduced the Season 18 aim assist falloff distance buff from 30% to 20%.
- Reduced wave splash damage against players by 35%.
Dead Man's Tale
- Removed the damage penalty for 5 stacks of Cranial Spike.
- Reduced hip-fire and airborne aim assist cone angles by 25% on MnK.
- Reduced hip-fire cone angle bonus scaling from 20% to 5%.
- Reduced hip-fire precision aim cone angle from 3 degrees to 0.8 degrees.
- Reduced hip-fire auto aim falloff scalar from 1.5 to 1.1.
Revoker Perk - The Reversal of Fortune
- Now triggers on two misses within 6s.
- Increased the cooldown of the Barricade ability while Citan's Ramparts are equipped by 70%. Increased the amount of damage players deal to a Citan's Barricade by 25%.
Increased base cooldown time of the following class abilities by 20%:
- Towering Barricade base cooldown increased from 40s to 48s.
- Rally Barricade base cooldown increased 32s to 38s.
- Base cooldown increased from 30s to 36s.
- Marksman’s Dodge base cooldown increased from 29s to 34s.
- Gambler’s Dodge base cooldown increased from 38s to 46s.
Touch of Thunder’s enhanced Storm Grenade
- Secondary strike damage reduced from 40 to 30.
- Added a 0.24s delay between the grenade’s initial strike on impact and the creation of the roaming storm.
- The roaming storm’s travel speed now begins at 1.5 meters per second and ramps up over 1.3s, to a maximum of 3 meters per second. This previously traveled at a flat 3.5 meters per second.
- The roaming storm’s target search range now increases over 2s after creation, rather than starting at full size.
Removed stability, incoming flinch, and Shotgun pellet spread penalties while sliding.
Bungie is also planning to a Heavy weapon balance pass, adding Subclass 3.0 verbs to several Exotic weapons, tuning Kinetic weapons, and adding a new perk to make Kinetic weapons more valuable.
Here is a look at some changes coming in post-Lightfall Seasons:
- More substantial changes to weapon hip-fire reticles, with the goal of exposing more information specific to weapon types or Exotic functionality.
- A full auto melee setting.
- Another set of craftable, reprised raid weapons with an origin trait (similar to what we did with the Deep Stone Crypt weapons in Season 19).
- Regular Seasonal and mid-Season balance updates.
- And more!
Selfie Prime Gaming Bundle
Expires on February 8, 2023. Starting on February 28 with the release of Lightfall, loot that has been unclaimed and is older than one year will expire.
As of Tuesday, January 10, Destiny 2 is no longer accessible from the Stadia platform. Any player with Google Stadia as their primary account should not deactivate Cross Save. Doing so will result in loosing access to characters. See the Stadia Cross Save Troubleshooting Guide by Bungie for help.
Bungie created a new Twitter account to help community managers’ move away from using personal accounts. You may still follow community managers if you’d like to,
“@BungieHelp is still going to be the primary place for updates on maintenance, outages, and ongoing issues being tracked. @DestinyTheGame is where we will drop the latest game trailers and high-level Destiny 2 news. The plan with the new @Destiny2Team accounts is to give us another avenue to give deeper insight on certain topics and a means to interacting on Bungie.net and Reddit more. Expect to see a lot more replies on those platforms going forward.”
Statements from Bungie
Regarding Cheating Bans:
“Some people whose accounts were banned have said they don’t remember cheating or having any sort of cheat software on their platform of choice. Any time we investigate these cases, both recent and in the past, we often find that they gave their account to someone else to play the game for them. Because of this, we want to again remind everyone that you must protect your account and do not use account recovery services. Saying that your fingers were not on the keyboard when cheating occurred will not be considered during the thorough appeal process.”
Reports of Missing Characters and Progress
“Maintaining your characters and progress is our top priority. After kicking off a deep dive investigation of a very low number of reports of missing characters out of an abundance of caution, we are confident that no characters or progress were incorrectly lost by our systems.”
Free Lunar New Year Emblem
Here is a free emblem code courtesy of Bungie to welcome in the Year of the Rabbit. Make sure to check out the Eververse store to grab a free gift of Bright Dust (available this week and next week, once per account). There is also some exclusive Lunar New Year items available until January 31, 2023.
Recent News & Updates
Visit Bungie.net for news, updates, and more.
Helpful Links and Resources
Articles Regarding Recent Changes
- Exotic and Weapon Perk Changes
- Ability Changes
- Weapon Tuning Update
- Destination Materials Update
- Deep Stone Crypt Weapon Crafting
- Crucible Overhaul
If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the new Lightfall Neomuna Environment trailer.
Follow and Support
If you like what we do, please consider supporting us on Ko-fi (similar to Patreon). Another way to support us is by using creator code Kyber3000 when buying games at the Epic Games Store, your purchase will support us with a commission (which is usually around 5/10%). You may also support us when signing up for Amazon/Prime Gaming or when purchasing eligible items using our Amazon Affiliate link.
Thank you for your support! 🤍
Ko-fi is a website that is similar to Patreon. where people may support us one-time or monthly.
Creator Code: Kyber3000 (Enter at checkout on the Epic Games Store)
*I will get a small commission on when my code is entered at checkout. Thank you to all of you who choose to use my code!