Advanced Prototype Exo and warden of the Black Armory.
Intro Mission Armor Synthesis: The Endless Night is available now and is free for all players! Speak with Banshee-44 in the Tower to begin this mission.
Available with Ada-1:
- Transmog: First, in addition to being the primary vendor associated with the upcoming transmog system also known as Armor Synthesis, Ada-1 will become the vendor who delivers a variety of armor-focused items and upgrades.
- Daily Armor Mod: Each day, Ada-1 will now sell one randomly chosen armor mod from the general and armor slot (Helmet, Gauntlets, etc.) groups, and one randomly chosen Combat Style armor mod (chosen from the Charged with Light and Warmind Cell mod groups), which should make it easier for players who missed these in the past to get their hands on some of the armor mods from Year 3.
- Weekly Armor: Additionally, on a weekly basis, Ada-1 will sell one armor set randomly chosen from the World Loot Pool, with a stat roll that also changes on a weekly basis.
- Upgrade Materials: Finally, Ada-1 will also sell armor upgrade materials (Upgrade Modules, Enhancement Prisms, and Ascendant Shards) in the same way that the Banshee-44 does right now.
GUIDES AND INFO
With players now able to turn their armor into universal ornaments, here are some clarifications on how and why some armor doesn’t appear unlocked in the Armor Customization area.
- Armor won’t show up if a player is wearing that armor.
- Some armor sets were purposely combined into one set to reduce players accidentally overspending their tokens for duplicate armor. Examples include:
- Gambit Prime Armors – Anyone who unlocked a Gambit Prime armor set has access to the Illicit (Basic) Gambit Prime Armor Synthesis universal ornaments.
- Leviathan Prestige Class Items – The Prestige class items from the Leviathan raid uses the same arrangement as the base version, but uses a different dye to distinguish the two, so we reduced these two items into one item for Armor Synthesis.
- Red War Parade Armors – The Legendary sets share appearances with the armor from the Red War introductory mission.
- Green and Blue Solstice Armor – The appearances of these armors are identical without support of the Glows and were reduced to a single set. The green set also matches the wrecked parade armor, so it was reduced further.
- Purple Solstice Armor – As we announced last week, glows from 2018’s and 2019’s Solstice of Heroes are being worked on and will be implemented later this year for the Legendary armors only.
- Exotic Armor – Exotic armor cannot take the appearance of alternate armor, nor can Exotic armor be converted into a Universal Ornament and used on Legendary armor.
- Year 1 Armor Ornaments – These are being worked on and will be implemented later this year.
For more information about Armor Synthesis, view this support article.
Source: Bungie Blog Post
ARMOR SYNTHESIS GUIDE via Bungie
Armor Synthesis is Destiny 2’s version of “transmog,” a feature that allows players to use unlocked armor from their Collections to create Universal Ornaments for a specific class.
PLEASE NOTE! Universal Ornaments will only appear on “Legendary” purple-background armor pieces that show an Energy icon (Void, Solar, or Arc) on them.
Getting Started: Unlocking the Loom
Ada-1 has returned to the Tower Annex and has brought a modified Forge with her that she calls a “Loom.” To activate the Loom and begin using unlocked armor to create Universal Ornaments, players will need to:
- Speak to Banshee-44 in the Tower Courtyard.
- Visit Ada-1 in the Tower Annex.
- Head to Europa and locate a BrayTech processor needed to activate the Loom.
- Connect the processor to the Loom to activate it.
Creating and Applying Ornaments
Once the Loom is activated, Ada-1 will give players a package containing five Synthweave per character class that will allow players to use unlocked armor from their Collections to create Universal Ornaments.
Players can do so by going to their Character Appearance screen, going down to the Appearance Subscreen, entering Appearance Customization, and choose any armor piece (Legendary quality or lower) they’ve unlocked in their Collection to create a Universal Ornament.
Obtaining More Synthweave
To obtain more Synthweave, players can earn 10 free ones per character class per Season by completing the following:
1. Defeat Enemies to Earn Synthstrand
To use unlocked armor to create Universal Ornaments, players will need to earn Synthstrand, a currency that will drop into a player’s inventory when killing enemies and other players in Destiny 2.
PLEASE NOTE: 750 Synthstrand can be held at one time and won’t go to the Postmaster if players have a full inventory.
2. Purchase Threader Bounties
Once enough Synthstrand is obtained, it can be used to purchase Armor Synthesis Threader Bounties from Ada-1.
Each Season, Ada-1 will offer 10 Threader Bounties for each character class that will need to be completed in the following activities: Strikes, Crucible, Gambit, Destinations, and Raids & Dungeons. Upon completing and claiming Threader Bounties, Synthcord will be rewarded.
PLEASE NOTE: Dismantling a bounty won’t return the full amount of Synthstrand used to purchase the bounty.
3. Deposit Synthcord
When players claim completed Threader bounties, they will receive Synthcord, which will need to be deposited into the Loom to convert into Synthweave. Each class has its own Synthcord:
Warlocks: Plush Titan: Rigid Hunter: Sleek
PLEASE NOTE: Players holding 500 Synthcord for their class won’t be able to purchase Threader Bounties until Synthcord is converted into Synthweave.
4. Use Synthweave
Synthweave is a currency that can convert a player’s unlocked armor into a Universal Ornament.
To use Synthweave, go to the Character Appearance screen, go down to the Appearance Subscreen, enter Appearance Customization, and choose any armor piece (Legendary quality of lower) unlocked in Collections to create a Universal Ornament. Each class has its own Synthweave:
Warlocks: Bolt Titans: Plate Hunters: Strap
PLEASE NOTE: Players can’t hold more than 15 Synthweave per character class.
5. Obtain More Synthweave
After completing all 10 Threader Bounties that Ada-1 offers for each class, players will need to wait until the next Season to obtain more bounties.
Players can also visit Eververse at any time to purchase universal Synthweave Templates, which can be used to create ornaments for any class.
Armor Exceptions for Universal Ornaments
Exotic armor cannot take the appearance of alternate armor, nor can Exotic armor be converted into a Universal Ornament and used on Legendary armor.
Some Year 1 armor ornaments won’t be available for Armor Synthesis at the start of Season of the Splicer:
- Vanguard Sets: Steadfast, Take Shelter, On the Offense, Xenos Shore
- Crucible Sets: Ankaa Friend, Fire-Forged, Phoenix Battle, Soaring Sword
- Iron Banner Sets: Iron Pledge, Gheleon’s Iron, Perun’s Iron, Weyloran’s Iron, Haakon’s Iron, Radegast’s Iron, Silimar’s Iron, Bretomart’s Iron, Tormod’s Iron, Skorri’s Iron, Colovance’s Iron, Ashraven’s Iron, Timur’s Iron
- Faction Rallies Sets: Extinction Orbit, Arach’s Chosen, War Simulator, Executor’s Will, Sovereign Lion, Cape/Mark/Bond of the Royal, Cape/Mark/Bond of Last Departure, Superior’s Vision, Cape/Mark/Bond of Eternal War
- Prestige Leviathan Raid Sets: Eater of Wolds, Spire of Stars
- Trials of the Nine Sets: Trials, Trials Prestige
Glows from 2018’s and 2019’s Solstice of Heroes live event won’t be supported for Armor Synthesis at Season 14 launch, but legendary versions are being worked on and will be implemented in Summer 2021.
Credit: Armor Synthesis Guide by Bungie