Important Info About: Destiny Content Vault (DCV) The Destiny Content Vault (DCV) is a new content model being implemented in Year 4 of Destiny 2. To create a sustainable ecosystem where the world can continue to evolve in exciting ways, and where Bungie can update the game more quickly, each year Bungie will cycle some destination and activity content out of the game (and into the DCV) to make room for new experiences. Unvaulting starts in D2 Year 4 (Nov 10), with the Cosmodrome coming back, as well as its three Strikes and the return of the Vault of Glass Raid. (Note: Click link above for more details)
DESTINY 2 BEYOND LIGHT
Launch: November 10 @ 9 AM Pacific
The frontier of Europa holds many lost secrets from the past, including the dark power of Stasis. Work with the mysterious Exo Stranger to harness this new power before Eramis, the Kell of Darkness, bestows it on her Fallen forces. Grow your arsenal, command Stasis, and go beyond the Light.
- Go Beyond The Light: A new power is born out of the ancient Pyramid ship above Europa’s frozen frontier and a dark empire has risen beneath. In Destiny 2: Beyond Light, you will bring down the empire at any cost – even if it means wielding the Darkness itself.
- Europa Waits: The splintered houses of the Fallen have rallied beneath the banner of Eramis, the Kell of Darkness, and built their new Empire on the icy moon of Jupiter. Brave the unrelenting glacial frontier, infiltrate the Golden Age Braytech facility, and uncover the secrets that lie deep under the ancient ice.
- Wield Darkness: Learn the mysteries of Stasis, a new elemental power rooted in Darkness. With new subclasses to master and powerful new supers, Guardians will use this unprecedented power to dominate the battlefield.
- Pursue Power: The enemies of the Light encroach with skittering feet and guttural growls. With a new Pinnacle Power cap, Guardians will overcome the challenges of the new frontier – including a brand new raid in the Deep Stone Crypt.
Xbox One, PS4, Steam, Stadia, and Xbox Game Pass on November 10, 2020. View available editions and what they include below.
- Exotic Rimed Ghost Shell*, Legendary Emblem*
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light Expansion (*Instant access delivered upon purchase)
- Exotic Rimed Ghost Shell*, Legendary Emblem*, Destiny 2: Beyond Light Expansion, + Access to current Season Pass Content (one Season total, beginning with Season 12)
- Delivered at launch:Stranger’s Weapon Pack, No Time to Explain Exotic Pulse Rifle, No Time to Explain Exotic Catalyst (*Instant access delivered upon purchase)
- Exotic Rimed Ghost Shell*, Legendary Emblem*, Destiny 2: Beyond Light Expansion + Full Year of Seasonal Content (4 Seasons Total, beginning with Season 12)
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light Exotic Emote, Freeze Tag Exotic Emote*
- Delivered at launch: Stranger’s Weapon Pack, No Time to Explain Exotic Pulse Rifle, No Time to Explain Exotic Catalyst, Stranger’s Upgrade Pack, Any Other Sky Exotic Sparrow. No Time to Explain Exotic Ornament (*Instant access delivered upon purchase)
Collector’s Edition: $199.99
Collector’s Edition (no game code): $129.99
- For Guardians who want the ultimate Destiny 2: Beyond Light experience. This edition includes the Beyond Light Deluxe Edition (digital code only), plus a die-cast Splinter of Darkness replica with lights, the Europa Explorer’s Bag, the Europa Explorer’s Canteen, Mysterious Logbook, and other discoveries from Europa.
*Final product design subject to change
Bundle Includes: 10″ Stranger Statue + Beyond Light Digital Deluxe Edition (provided separately via code) Available at select retailers worldwide. For details on where to buy, please visit Numskull.com and more details will be added soon.
- Officially licensed Destiny product
- Designed and Manufactured by Numskull Designs, in conjunction with Bungie
- Highly detailed 10″ replica of ‘The Stranger’ character
Alongside Season of Arrivals, Bungie announced Destiny 2: Beyond Light! At the kickoff, there was some confusion on pre-order bonuses, so Bungie wanted to set the record straight.
When pre-ordering Destiny 2: Beyond Light, players will be granted access to multiple in-game bonuses.
- Exotic Rimed Ghost Shell
- Legendary Emblem
Deluxe and Collector’s Edition
- Exotic Freeze Tag Emote
- These items are available at Master Rahool in the Tower after you have placed your pre-order.
- If you pre-order the Collector’s Edition through the Bungie Store, a code for these pre-order incentives will be emailed to you within 24 to 48 hours.
- If you pre-order any edition through Xbox, please be sure to download the “Destiny 2: Beyond Light Pre-Order Pack” and “Destiny 2: Beyond Light Exotic Emote” packages prior to signing in to Destiny 2. Pre-order items will not be available until this is installed.
- You may need to close the game application and relaunch if these items are not available after installing the above mentioned packages.
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light should become available on PlayStation later today (June 18). Stay tuned to @Bungie for updates!
For all information regarding Destiny 2: Beyond Light pre-orders, head over to this Help Article. Additionally, if you’re having any issues pre-ordering through Bungie’s platform partners, be sure to contact their support resources as well.
A new power awaits and nothing will ever be the same.
The Coming Storm
A growing divide echoes in our collective unconscious. Precious gifts bestowed by the Traveler. Unspeakable evil brought forth by the Pyramids. As division spreads and distrust grows between alliances long thought unbreakable, the truths we hold dear will be questioned.
Guardian, is there more to the Darkness than we thought?
The deadly Kell of Darkness seeks to restore the glory of her people. To exact revenge on the Traveler for abandoning them. To forge Eliksni culture anew, free from the weight of its past. Now imbued with the power of Stasis, she has found the ultimate tool to achieve her aims.
House Salvation Exists
Eramis’s lieutenants — Atraks, Kridis, Phylaks, Praksis. The highest-ranking and most trusted subjects of the Fallen Kell of Darkness. Skilled Stasis wielders, they are as lethal as they are loyal; potent foes who will stop at nothing to advance Eramis’s cause.
After helping Uldren Sov escape the Prison of Elders, Variks has only recently emerged from hiding. An uneasy ally in the fight against Eramis, he is a shrewd opportunist who wants to do good, even if his choices are always suspect.
The Exo Stranger
The mysterious Exo has not been seen since the fall of the Black Garden. With exceptional insight into the future, she has made Europa her home. Her experience will guide Guardians’ understanding of the power of Stasis.
A survivor of unspeakable horrors, Eris is a former Hunter who has dedicated her life to understanding – and defeating – the Darkness. Now she answers The Exo Stranger’s call… and the lure of Stasis.
Smooth talker. Scavenger. Hustler. The Drifter is all of these things and more. A Lightbearer from the earliest days of the Last City, he has long boasted of his connection to the Darkness. For him, it’s not about right or wrong. It’s about survival.
A desolate wasteland where every gust of frozen wind whispers long-lost secrets and further buries the mysteries beneath your feet. You arrive on the heels of a dark empire that grows in power. Stand against the blizzard and press on, Guardian. Eramis must be stopped.
What Lies Beneath the Ice?
A dark obelisk silently beckons you, watching from a barren clearing on the frozen moon. Those who came before you did not leave this place gracefully. The ruins of a once-bustling cityscape tell a tale of ambition and loss. And somewhere beneath centuries of ice, lost Golden Age technology awaits your steady grasp. Seek the truth, wherever it lies.
Visit the Official Website for a better look at Europa!
STASIS ELEMENTAL SUBCLASSES
Here is a look at the new Elemental Power, Stasis! bung.ie/Stasis
EMBRACE DARKNESS: Cold, dark, and alluring – the power of Stasis beckons you. Command this new elemental power with brand new Guardian subclasses. Control the fight, seize your enemies in an icy grip, and shatter them where they stand.
GO BEYOND THE LIGHT: The frozen frontier of Europa holds many lost secrets from the past, including a new dark elemental power: Stasis. Work with the mysterious Exo Stranger to harness this new power before Eramis, the Kell of Darkness, bestows it on her Fallen forces. Grow your arsenal, command Stasis, and go beyond the Light.
COMMAND STASIS: Rooted in Darkness, wield the new elemental power of Stasis to dominate the battlefield.
- Stasis Field: Even the odds by slowing your enemies in Stasis fields, then aim down sights at your next target.
- Freeze: A frozen foe is a conquered foe. Control the battle by immobilizing enemies in solid Stasis.
- Shatter: A hail of icy razors erupts from broken Stasis crystals, damaging those unlucky enough to be near.
TITAN // BEHEMOTH
The cold embraced me, dimming the sounds of battle into reverberant echoes, thin and distant. I flexed my gauntlet and felt the roar of glaciers grinding against the bones of the world.
- SUPER: GLACIAL QUAKE: Forge a mighty Stasis gauntlet and even the odds, one fist at a time. Slam the gauntlet into the ground, sending shockwaves of Stasis crystals that freeze nearby enemies.
- MELEE: SHIVER STRIKE: Launch towards the enemy, summon your Stasis gauntlet, and do what Titans do best: smash.
WARLOCK // SHADEBINDER
The staff sealed my hands in rime, and the song resonated through my flesh. I was its instrument, and it was mine; when we sang be still to the world, it would obey.
- SUPER: WINTER’S WRATH: Summon a powerful Stasis staff whose projectiles instantly freeze their targets. Detonate the staff’s crystal to send a shockwave of destruction towards your frozen foes, shattering them in the process.
- MELEE: PENUMBRAL BLAST: Fire Stasis energy from your staff and freeze opponents in their tracks.
HUNTER // REVENANT
A second Kama blade pierces the ice shelf. Biting whirlwinds erupt and tear at his frozen body. He catches a glimpse of the shadow in the squall, rifle in hand. The hunt has ended; he shatters in the wind.
- SUPER: WITHERING BLADE: Hurl sharp-edged shuriken into the fray. These Stasis-powered projectiles bounce off multiple foes, damaging and slowing them.
- MELEE: SILENCE & SQUALL: Channel Stasis shards to form a deadly pair of Kama blades. Throw the first blade towards enemies and freeze them in place. Follow it up with the second blade which detonates on impact and creates a Stasis storm that hunts down stragglers.
GEAR AND WEAPONS
Europa’s mysteries won’t reveal themselves without bravery, perseverance, and the willingness to fight. Upgrade your arsenal with new weapons and gear and prepare yourself for the challenges that lie within the frozen wasteland.
Beneath the Ice
A glimpse of glass from a rifle’s scope. The gleam of golden armor piercing through the ice of eons. A treasure trove of Golden Age tech and cutting-edge weaponry patiently awaits the Guardians destined to take up arms.
Exotic Pulse Rifle – No Time To Explain
Precision hits and hits against enemies affected by Stasis will return to the magazine. Stack this effect to summon a portal which will fire bullets from an alternate timeline of the weapon.
Exotic Sniper Rifle – Cloudstrike
Precision final blows will generate lightning bolts at the target location. Rapid precision shots will summon an entire storm at the point of impact.
Exotic Sword – The Lament
A mortal blade, a stalwart shield. Block with The Lament to rev the blade, then shred through shielded enemies. At its peak, damaging an enemy will heal the wielder.
Exotic Grenade Launcher – Salvation’s Grip
Redemption is within your grasp. Each fired projectile will create Stasis crystals that will freeze nearby targets. Charge to increase the amount of crystals created and the freeze radius.
UNCOVER A NEW ARSENAL
Your latest deadly discovery lies within your reach. Grip its handle, feel the weight in your hands, secure in the knowledge that Eramis’ Fallen have met their match. It’s time to gear up for the storm.
Titan Exotic Gauntlets – Icefall Mantle
Stand tall against the oncoming hordes with this reinforced armor that replaces the Titan’s Barricade with Overshield, absorbing damage from incoming fire.
Titan Exotic Helmet – Precious Scars
Prove your strength, even when coming back from the brink. Upon revives, the Titan gains an Overshield aura that protects the wearer and nearby allies.
Hunter Exotic Helmet – Mask of Bakris
Don the Mask to replace the Hunter’s Dodge ability with a longer range Shift ability that also temporarily cloaks the wearer during use.
Hunter Exotic Gauntlets – Arthrys’s Embrace
The Hunter’s weighted knife gains a second ricochet; rapid precision hits gain a damage bonus and can temporarily stagger enemies.
Warlock Exotic Helm – Dawn Chorus
Feel that sweet burn. The Warlock’s Daybreak projectiles deal extra damage and cause enemies to burn on contact. Gain melee energy each time a burn damages a target.
Warlock Exotic Gauntlets – Necrotic Grip
A deadly caress, compounded. Melee attacks corrupt enemies with increasing damage over time. Defeating a corrupted combatant spreads the corruption to nearby targets and restores melee energy.
Bungie and Xbox announced that they are joining forces to bring Destiny 2 to Xbox Game Pass this fall.
With an active Xbox Game Pass subscription, players will have access to the standard edition (seasonal content sold separately) of each expansion beginning with Forsaken and Shadowkeep (available September 22, 2020) and Beyond Light (available beginning on November 10, 2020).
Later this year Bungie will be releasing a version of Destiny 2 that will be optimized for Xbox Series X, including 4K resolution and running at 60 frames per second. Players who already own Destiny 2 on Xbox One will be able to transfer their game to Xbox Series X for free via Smart Delivery. In addition, for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers, Destiny 2 can also be streamed to your Android mobile devices via xCloud.
Would you like to know more? Bungie answered some of the questions you might have here.
Here is some info from Designer Mina Jasinski (and her team at Bungie) about how you’ll be able to customize your Ghosts when Beyond Light releases.
In Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Ghosts have received a system update which shares some functionality to what was done with armor in Shadowkeep. Here’s a brief outline of what to expect:
- Ghost Shells will now have energy levels and access to mods with various energy costs instead of being pre-loaded with specific perks.
- This treatment has been applied to all Ghosts outside of the Generalist Shell, so you can use your favorite Ghost Shells, regardless of tier.
- A selection of mods will be available on all Ghost Shells by default, while the remaining ones will be obtainable via various gameplay sources. Information on where to find these mods can be learned from Collections.
- Ghost mods will be obtained from gameplay reward loops and will not be purchasable from Eververse.
- Ghosts now have four mod slots. Three are unlocked by default, and the fourth is unlocked by Masterworking the Ghost Shell.
You’ll be able to select your favorite Ghost Shell based on appearance without any detriment to your experience. Whether you purchase a Ghost Shell from Eververse, earn it from the newest raid or pull an old favorite out of Collections, your Ghost will have access to all the same mods across your account. From there you can increase energy levels on your favorite Ghost Shells and set each of them up with different mod combinations of your choosing.
As mentioned above, Ghosts will now have access to a total of four mod slots, each with their own unique mod selection. There will be an Experience mod slot, a Tracking mod slot, an Economic mod slot, and an Activity mod slot; the last of which is unlocked when the Ghost is Masterworked at 10 energy. You’ll be able to mix and match mods from these categories however you like, with respect to energy limits. Mod slots each have a selection of mods that can be combined to fit your playstyle. For example, a Crucible-focused player who wants to grind out materials and earn XP towards their Seasonal rewards track might choose Guiding Light, Meager Glimmer Booster, and Lesser Core Harvest (Crucible). There are a variety of combinations that can be set up on different Ghosts to suit whatever goals you might be chasing at the time!
For those wondering what will happen to the old Ghost perks, most have been brought forward largely unchanged as default unlocked mods. In some cases, such as the destination-specific material or cache trackers, those mods have been transformed into globally effective, non-destination-specific versions of themselves for better utility. Energy costs for those mods now reflect the increased flexibility and the mods must be earned from various vendor engrams. Kill Tracker and Leviathan Boss Kill perks will remain intrinsic only on their specific Ghost Shells. Even with these changes you’ll still be able to build most of the popular Exotic perk combinations that were available previously such as Guiding Light and Treasure Hunter, along with a plethora of new combinations!
HELP AND NEWS
- 14-Hour Downtime for Beyond Light and Update 188.8.131.52
- Beyond Light Website | Beyond Light Guide | Beyond Light Support
- Content Vault Year 4 Guide
- Year 4 Triumphs Update
- Items Being Depreciated in Year 4
- Items Being Removed at the End of Season of Arrivals
- Destiny – Past, Present, and Future – Links to the Big News Beats
- Building a Viable Future in Destiny 2 – Paving the Way
- Bungie’s Future Growth
- Destiny 2021 Update (Witch Queen)