Arrived with the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
Quest: Magnus Opus (View details below)
Reward: Forerunner Exotic Sidearm
- Full Stop Oversized Sidearm with extended-range, heavy-caliber rounds. Fires full auto with increased rate of fire. Deals increased precision damage to unshielded targets.
- Pace Yourself: Tapping the trigger gives this weapon less recoil and improves accuracy.
- Upgrades this weapon to a Masterwork. It will generate Orbs after rapidly defeating targets and gain a tracker that displays the number of targets defeated with it. The Masterworked weapon will also receive additional capabilities. Defeat targets using this weapon to unlock this upgrade.
- Defeat 700 enemies to unlock this catalyst.
- Perk: The Rock – For several seconds after a final blow, [Alternate Weapon Action] to consume part of your ammo reserves, converting your next thrown grenade into a fragmentation grenade. (View on light.gg)
Ratings as of December 22, 2021
|PvE Rating||PvP Rating|
A new chapter for an old legend.
Banshee-44 considered the relic on his workbench and the questions on his mind; one stood out above the rest: who were you meant for?
The form of the weapon suggested an oversized sidearm—a secondary weapon for a giant’s hands. The function presented more so as an anti-material rifle. “Looks to be 12.7mm… it’s like they were making a hand cannon but didn’t know it yet.”
Banshee wondered further about the warrior who could wield such a thing. His attention drifted momentarily, drawn by Shaxx’s voice booming nearby. “Huh. Yeah. A Titan, maybe… and a big one too.”
The weapon was laced with fractures from a life of fire and a sleep of ice, and perhaps other, more exotic stresses. Banshee wished he could’ve heard the relic’s voice, but he knew from earlier examination that it had fired its last round. What a last round it must have been.
The Guardian who brought it to him might be willing to try a shot, untroubled by the risk of a rapid unplanned dismantle. But Banshee knew it wouldn’t last through a single magazine.
Beside the relic lay a stripped-down Breechlight. He would adapt it for a larger round. Custom casings and handguard. Sensorium link scope… and he had other ideas to try as well.
It would be an homage, an offering to the creators of the original relic. A legacy.
With that satisfying thought in mind, the gunsmith went to work.
Magnus Opus Quest Steps
- Speak to Xur in Eternity
- Collect seven Strange Coins
- Complete three Starhorse bounties
- Buy the Strange Key from Xur
- Use the Strange Key in the Dares of Eternity Valley area and find the weapon
- Talk to Banshee-44