IRON BANNER // LIMITED TIME EVENT
Begins: Live Now!
Ends: Tuesday, Jan 12 @ 9 AM PST
Info: For any New Lights out there, Iron Banner is a limited time 6v6 Crucible activity with Power-enabled combat. While artifact power is disabled, you’ll want to infuse and equip your most powerful gear before jumping in. Similar to Control, there are three zones on the map for your team to capture. The more zones you hold, the more points you get when defeating Guardians. If your team is brave enough to capture all three zones, the opposing team will be locked out of capturing zones for a short duration. In other words, this is your time to shine while your enemies cower in fear.
To view Lord Saladin’s items and quests, check out Destinytracker.com.
Rewards // Armor and Weapons
IRON WILL ARMOR // REPRISED
- Hunter: Helmet | Arms | Chest | Legs | Class Item
- Warlock: Helmet | Arms | Chest | Legs | Class Item
- Titan: Helmet | Arms | Chest | Legs | Class Item
*Image above by Bungie
- Aggressive Frame: High damage, high recoil. Optimized for long-distance shooting.
- Mulligan: Missing a shot has a chance to return ammo directly to the magazine.
- High-Impact Frame: Slow-firing and high-damage. This weapon is more accurate when stationary and aiming down sights.
- Vorpal Weapon: Increased damage against bosses, vehicles, and Guardians with their Super active.
*Weapon Images above made by Kyber3000 (Stats/Icons from Bungie)
GUIDES FROM DESTINY 2 CONTENT CREATORS
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on Bungie’s News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Reach Lord Shaxx in the New Light quest.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard.
All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins will award more tokens than losses.
- Weekly Bounties: Player may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Weekly Iron Banner bounties. These can be completed on each character throughout an Iron Banner event.
- Iron Banner Emblems: Players may earn an Iron Banner emblem by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event.
- Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped at the maximum Power available for players who do not own Destiny 2: Forsaken or the Destiny 2: Forsaken – Annual Pass.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Iron Banner Engram Preview: Players who preview the contents of an Iron Banner engram will see the previous season’s armor set. We’re currently investigating this issue.
- Event Conclusion: At the end of an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner bounties will expire. Players can keep these in their inventory until the next Season where they will be removed. Players who choose to not turn in their Iron Banner tokens to Lord Saladin will be able to keep their tokens for the next Iron Banner event.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again. After the Iron Banner event concludes, players may still be able to launch into a Tower that still shows Iron Banner decorations, but Lord Saladin will no longer appear until the next Iron Banner
PLEASE NOTE: There may be information, activities, or issues not yet on this page due to Shadowkeep’s launch. Please stay tuned for more information related to Iron Banner in Shadowkeep and beyond.
Source: Bungie blog, help article (view original article)
(Updated: Nov 19, 2020)