Access: The Witch Queen is required to access The Witch Queen legendary campaign mode.
Fireteam: 1-3 Players
Recommended Power: 1360 (Same for both Classic or Legendary)
About: When you first launch up The Witch Queen, you will be asked which difficulty you would like to complete the Campaign on. The two difficulties are Classic or Legendary, you are able to change this at any time (the difficulty is set at the start of each new campaign mission). Legendary Campaign missions are similar to doing a Master Lost Sector (solo).
All Campaign Missions
- The Arrival
- The Investigation
- The Ghosts
- The Communion
- The Mirror
- The Cunning
- The Last Chance
- The Ritual
|Classic (Recommended Power: 1360)||Legendary (Recommended Power: 1360)|
|You may switch to Legendary difficulty at any time. Completed campaign missions can be replayed at a higher difficulty.||This difficulty has modifiers.|
– Exotic Armor
– Gear Bundle (1520 Power)
– Upgrade Module +8
– A Higher Truth
Visit Ikora in the Tower after completing all Legendary Campaign Missions to get your rewards.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN REWARDS OF COMPLETING MISSIONS AT LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY?
- Double chest rewards offering 1-3 extra chests per mission. Each chest will give you world pool gear, XP, upgrade modules, and Glimmer.
- Legendary players will be able to earn Throne World armor and unlocks at a faster rate.
- Basically: Higher the risk means higher the reward, especially when getting to the new Power Level soft cap in The Witch Queen.
ARE THERE ANY UNIQUE REWARDS FOR COMPLETING THE STORY ON LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY?
- Completing ALL missions on Legendary will award players with the following:
- A new emblem exclusive to those who complete the campaign at Legendary difficulty.
- A Triumph required for the newest title for Throne World.
- A set of gear 20 above the soft cap at 1520 Power Level.
- Eight upgrade modules.
- New The Witch Queen Exotic armor that typically is reserved for PED Lost Sector drops.
- Exclusive Bungie Rewards (more details will come about this in the future).
SOME PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ASKING IF THIS IS A DIFFICULTY TO BE FEARED – HOW CHALLENGING IS IT?
- To set difficulty expectations, the Legendary campaign is designed to be harder than a Legend Nightfall, though it is easier than a solo dungeon or running a Grandmaster Nightfall.
- Enemies are more difficult and more aggressive. They also have higher damage resistance, are more of a challenge to stagger, and shield are stronger to unmatched damage types.
- The challenge of Legendary also comes from switching up enemy interactions and infiltration, like swapping out an Elite for a boss or having an influx of more red bar foes.
CAN I OVER-LEVEL THIS CONTENT?
- Each mission caps your Power (similar to the Raid Contest mode) so that all Guardians have an even playing field to avoid feeling like every step is a grind. The mission launch screen will have a skull displaying each mission’s max effective Power.
- If you’re under-level, be prepared for a bit of a tough fight.
THE MIGHTY ARE FORGED IN BATTLE, BUT IS IT THAT WAY FOR SOLO PLAYERS TOO?
- Legendary gives Bungie a chance to give solo players more equal footing with those that opt into playing with a fireteam. Enemy damage and health scales to match your fireteam, though it won’t be 1:1 – because triple the boss health isn’t fun. Even still, it will be enough to keep even a veteran trio on their ornamented toes.
- Players are limited to one revive per player for each Darkness zone, and a shared timer of 40 seconds before an automatic wipe happens.
WILL PLAYERS BE ABLE TO TONE THINGS DOWN IF LEGENDARY IS A BIT TOO MUCH FOR THEIR PLAYTHROUGH?
- For those who find Legendary difficulty too overwhelming at first, there is an option to leave a mission and relaunch it through the classic Destiny 2 settings. For those who want more of a challenge, Bungie has added nodes to replay any The Witch Queen campaign mission on Classic or Legendary any time – after you’ve beaten the mission once, of course.”
It is all up to you what you do, the choice is yours!
Legendary Campaign is highlighted at around 4:34 in the Bungie ViDoc below: