This page is being updated and new information will be added periodically.
NEW LIGHT (10.01.19)
What’s Included with New Light (Free to Play):
- Starting Power Level of 750
- Year 1 Exotic Weapons and Armor.
- Year 2 Exotics: Thunderlord, Arbalest, Outbreak Perfected, and Bad Juju are the Y2 Exotics available with New Light.
- Free roam access to all destinations.
- Campaigns: The Red War, Curse of Osiris, and Warmind.
- Additional Content: Armory Forges, Gambit Prime, The Menagerie, and Reckoning (Note: New Light players will have access to all of the rewards from those activities EXCEPT Exotics associated with them like Jötunn and Le Monarque).
- Additional Modes: Year 1 Nightfall Strikes, Gambit, Gambit and Crucible Private Matches.
- Raids: Year 1 Raids, Year 1 Raid weapons and gear.
- Crucible (PvP): Access to all playlists, free seasonal updates, crucible weapons and gear.
- Strikes (PvE): Strike Playlist, Direct Launch of Year 1 Strikes, Vanguard weapons and gear.
- In-Game Events: Iron Banner, Festival of the Lost, The Dawning, Crimson Days, The Revelry, and Solstice of Heroes.
- Free Seasonal Content: Seasonal Artifact, Finishers, Armor 2.0, New Strikes: The Festering Core and The Scarlet Keep, Reprised PvP Maps: Widow’s Court and Twilight Gap as well as new map Fragment, New PvP mode: Momentum Control, Crucible Labs: Elimination, Seasonal Rank Rewards.
Note: This is just a look at what is included for players to play for FREE with New Light (Arrives October 01), there may be some things included that are not listed here.
More Details: New Light | Shadowkeep page | Seasons page
Note: Rewards from activities above are included with New Light EXCEPT Exotics associated with them (Like Jötunn and Le Monarque). Forsaken subclasses are not available in New Light. Source: @DestinyTheGame
How Destiny 2 New Light Will Work for New Players by IGN