IRON BANNER + BONUS VALOR
Lord Saladin is about to make his first appearance in Season of the Undying. The great fires of the Iron Banner will burn again as Guardians face off against each other for bragging rights and new rewards.
Starts: Tuesday, Oct 15 @ 10 AM PDT
End: Tuesday, Oct 22 @ 10 AM PDT
This season, willing combatants have a chance to earn the new Iron Will armor set. Here is a look at what you stand to gain in battle.
The way you earn rewards in Iron Banner is changing this Season:
- There is a new Seasonal pursuit, which must be completed prior to being able to turn in tokens to purchase packages from Lord Saladin
- This pursuit is character based and rewards the new S8 armor set
- Each step of the pursuit awards Iron Banner weapons or armor
- Most of the objectives within the pursuit track progress at any point during Season of the Undying, even if you have not yet acquired the pursuit
- Until the Seasonal pursuit has been completed, all rewards will be obtained from completing matches and bounties
- All rewards are weapons until the Seasonal pursuit is complete
- The existing seven bounties that offered powerful rewards have been adjusted to offer pinnacle rewards (960 Power max,) but only four are available per event
- Bungie is tracking a bug in which the four bounties offered as pinnacle rewards rotate each day allowing more than four to be completed during a single event.
Because Iron Banner has its own version of Control, the Heavy ammo spawning changes Bungie made early this week will not be reflected in this Iron Banner. Bungie is planning to make this change in a future update before the next event.
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Complete the Red War campaign.
- Achieve Level 20.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard, and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded with Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins award more tokens than losses.
- Daily Challenges and Milestones: Players may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Daily Iron Banner Challenges and the Daily Iron Banner Milestone. These can be completed on each character, each day.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Gear: As players rank up during an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner gear will become available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin.
- Iron Banner Ornaments: Players may earn Ornaments for their Iron Banner armor by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event. These Ornaments and their objectives can be seen when speaking with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard, or by inspecting Iron Banner armor.
Year 2 Updates
- Starting in Year 2, Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped for legacy players (those who do not own Forsaken) at their maximum Power available.
- All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Event Conclusion: Players should ensure that they turn in any remaining Iron Banner Tokens before Lord Saladin departs from the Tower Courtyard following the weekly reset.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If, during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again.
Source: Bungie blog, help article (view original article)