IRON BANNER // SEASONAL LIMITED TIME EVENT
All players also earn increased Valor in the Crucible this week! Reminder: Skill-based matchmaking has been disabled in Iron Banner this Season.
Begins: LIVE NOW
Ends: JULY 7 @ 10 AM PDT
The event will work similar to last Season with a few new rewards. Bungie added two reprised weapons and curating the weapon reward pool down to eight weapons.
- Reprised Weapons
- The Forward Path
- The Fool’s Remedy
All weapons listed below are considered “reissued” and will have Season of Arrival Max Infusion Caps.
- Shining Sphere
- Swarm of the Raven
- Talons of the Eagle
- Bite of the Fox
- Orewing’s Maul
- Crimil’s Dagger
The Forward Path and The Fool’s Remedy will also be updated to have two additional perks specific to these Iron Banner weapons. Here is a look at what they do:
- Iron Grip – Improves weapon stability at the cost of reload speed.
- Iron Gaze – Improves weapon target acquisition at the cost of stability.
The armor set this Season will be a reprise of the Iron Fellowship set. Here is a look at it with the new shader as well as the new emblem for this Season:
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on Bungie’s News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Reach Lord Shaxx in the New Light quest.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard.
All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins will award more tokens than losses.
- Weekly Bounties: Player may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Weekly Iron Banner bounties. These can be completed on each character throughout an Iron Banner event.
- Iron Banner Emblems: Players may earn an Iron Banner emblem by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event.
- Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped at the maximum Power available for players who do not own Destiny 2: Forsaken or the Destiny 2: Forsaken – Annual Pass.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Iron Banner Engram Preview: Players who preview the contents of an Iron Banner engram will see the previous season’s armor set. We’re currently investigating this issue.
- Event Conclusion: At the end of an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner bounties will expire. Players can keep these in their inventory until the next Season where they will be removed. Players who choose to not turn in their Iron Banner tokens to Lord Saladin will be able to keep their tokens for the next Iron Banner event.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again. After the Iron Banner event concludes, players may still be able to launch into a Tower that still shows Iron Banner decorations, but Lord Saladin will no longer appear until the next Iron Banner
PLEASE NOTE: There may be information, activities, or issues not yet on this page due to Shadowkeep’s launch. Please stay tuned for more information related to Iron Banner in Shadowkeep and beyond.
Source: Bungie blog, help article (view original article)
(Updated: June 30, 2020)