IRON BANNER – LIMITED TIME EVENT
Begins: Tuesday, March 24 @ 10 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, March 31 @ 10 AM PDT
- Power-enabled combat is no longer exclusive to Iron Banner and Bungie announced that the Artifact Power will be disabled in Iron Banner. Note: You’ll still have the opportunity to put your pinnacle Power on display.
- This Season, Saladin is also offering a pursuit weapon as reward for completing the “Smelting Light” quest. You’ll be challenged to capture zones and defeat opponents with a collection of weapons on your journey to earning the “Point of the Stag” Combat Bow (Energy).
- The Iron Remembrance armor sets will return, upped to Armor 2.0 standards. You’ll have the opportunity to earn some Pinnacle Power rewards by completing weekly bounties. Additionally, Iron Banner armor pieces have chances for higher stat rolls from bounties, vendor packages, and post-game drops.
Smelting Light Quest Steps
- Super Smelting: During Season of the Worthy, defeat opponents, capture zones, and land Super final blows in the Iron Banner.
- Clear the Cylinders: During Season of the Worthy, complete matches and capture zones in Iron Banner. Also, land final blows using Hand Cannons.
- Heat the Barrels: During Season of the Worthy, defeat opponents and capture zones in Iron Banner. Also, land final blows using Submachine Guns.
- Harness the Elements: Defeat opposing Guardians with your Super, capture Zones, and get final blows with Fusion Rifles.
- Sharpen the Arrows: During Season of the Worthy, complete matches and capture zones in Iron Banner. Also, land final blows using Bows.
- Polish the Armor: Return to Lord Saladin.
Reward: Point of the Stag – Combat Bow (Energy // Arc)
Source: Light.gg // More details will be added here on March 24.
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Complete the Red War campaign.
- Achieve Level 20.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard, and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded with Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins award more tokens than losses.
- Daily Challenges and Milestones: Players may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Daily Iron Banner Challenges and the Daily Iron Banner Milestone. These can be completed on each character, each day.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Gear: As players rank up during an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner gear will become available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin.
- Iron Banner Ornaments: Players may earn Ornaments for their Iron Banner armor by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event. These Ornaments and their objectives can be seen when speaking with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard, or by inspecting Iron Banner armor.
Year 2 Updates
- Starting in Year 2, Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped for legacy players (those who do not own Forsaken) at their maximum Power available.
- All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Event Conclusion: Players should ensure that they turn in any remaining Iron Banner Tokens before Lord Saladin departs from the Tower Courtyard following the weekly reset.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If, during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again.
Source: Bungie blog, help article (view original article)