Jump coordinates matching an errant distress signal. (This Quest is available for all players! To earn the Catalyst you’ll need to complete the activity on Master difficulty.)
Recommended Power Levels
- Normal: 1230
- Master: 1320
- Dead Man’s Tale – Exotic Scout Rifle (Once you have completed the Presage quest, you will be able to earn a randomly rolled Dead Man’s Tale once per week by completing the weekly Presage quest.)
- Perks: Cranial Spike: Chaining precision hits grants bonus damage and quickens reload speed. and Transformative: This weapon has random rolls. You may run this Quest on Normal or Master each week to get Dead Man’s Tale with random rolls.
- Random Pinnacle Gear (Guardians must complete the quest for the first time before this becomes available as a weekly quest)
- Catalyst (Guardians must complete Master difficulty to earn the Catalyst)
- Dark-Forged Trigger: Increased hipfire rate of fire and removes hipfire accuracy penalties.
- How to Unlock: Defeat 800 combatants using this weapon to unlock this upgrade. Opening Hidden Caches during Exotic quest “Presage” will unlock this objective faster.
- To start this quest for the first time, enter The Arms Dealer strike and follow the alternate path. (It doesn’t matter if it’s the Nightfall or the regular strike). After doing that you should see the Quest pop up on The Tangled Shore. Complete the quest and you will be rewarded with Dead Man’s Tale (the first one is without a random roll). Similar to obtaining random rolls for Hawkmoon, Guardians can obtain a randomly rolled Dead Man’s Tale by completing the “Presage” quest in the Tangled Shore. You can only get one random roll per week this way.
NOTE: This section is being updated. It looks like this Quest could become a weekly challenge/activity and there will be a Master difficulty maybe to get the Catalyst and random rolls of Dead Man’s Tale.