Pardon the dust while we update this page.
AUG 22 – NOV 28, 2023
“To pursue the Witness, Eris Morn must turn to the magic of the Hive and accept a deal that Savathûn crafted before her death. To honor our end of the bargain, Guardians must become masters of the arcane and harness the power required to defeat a god.”
Included in Season 22
- New Story
- New Season Pass
- New Seasonal Activities
- Crota’s End Reprised Raid (Free-to-Play)
- PvP Map: Multiplex
- Crucible modes: Checkmate and Relic
- New Strand Aspects
- New Weapons & Armor
- Exotic Mission Rotator
- Vanguard Medals arrive in Vanguard Ops and Nightfalls.
- More Battlegrounds coming to the Nightfall rotation
- Armor and Weapon updates
- PvP Matchmaking Improvements
- Quality of Life upgrades
- Includes Cosmetic favoriting, Transmat unlocked like shaders, Wish-Ender pursuit improvements, Resources tab, Ritual Rank Ups immediately.
- Crafting changes
- and more!
*Some seasonal content will require the paid Season Pass for Season 22. The Season Pass is included with Lightfall + Annual Pass or the Season Pass may be purchased from the Eververse Store in-game once the Season has begun.
Deck of Whispers
Progress through the Season by earning cards and building a deck of selected rewards and enhancements.
New Matchmade Activity
Altars of Summoning
Present offerings in the Witch Queen’s otherworldly prison to summon foes of increasing challenge, defeat them, and claim their power.
New Matchmade Activity
Power the spire, defeat its custodians, and gain access to the Altars of Summoning.
New Exotic Lost Sector Armor
Drops from completing Legend/Master Solo
Exotic Hunter Arms
Winged Eclipse: Your grenade becomes a cage of loyal moths that release on impact and fly toward the nearest target or ally. If they reach a target, they detonate in a blinding explosion; if they reach an ally, the moths grant your ally a Void overshield.
Exotic Titan Arms
Percussive Flames: Modifies Burning Maul into a single high-damage slam of your hammer that creates five cyclones of flame. Consecration's second slam creates a cyclone of flame.
Exotic Warlock Arms
One with the Void: Your Void Souls have a longer duration. They also gain escalating damage and durability as they defeat targets. You can retrieve your Void Souls by interacting with them, allowing them to be redeployed.
Season 22 Ritual Weapons
Trials of Osiris
Season 22 introduces a new Special Deliveries Kiosk in the Tower.
📬 Deliveries include: Bungie Foundation incentives and Twitch Drops, Bungie Rewards, Digital Deluxe and Collector’s Edition loot, Secret Stash items, preorder bonuses, and more
Slide table to view more perks. Once Season 22 goes live we will add links to view more details on light.gg as well as icons.
Your equipped Auto Rifles fire shield-piercing rounds and stun Barrier Champions. Additionally, Auto Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Combines the Arc and Strand Siphon mods into one.
Strand weapon final blows have a chance to generate a Tangle.
Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Machine Gun stuns unshielded combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
Strong against Overload Champions. Additionally, Machine Guns are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Dealing elemental ability damage increases matching weapon damage, and elemental weapon damage increases matching ability damage. Bonus granted is 10% for 5 seconds.
- Bows gain shield-piercing arrows, which bypass combatant defenses.
- Bows gain shield-piercing arrows, which bypass combatant defenses.
- Strong against Barrier Champions. Additionally, Bows are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Combines the Solar and Strand Siphon mods into one.
Weapons with the Head Rush, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Unsated Hunger, and [REDACTED] Origin traits are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
While stunned, Champions take bonus damage from your abilities and Elemental Orb damage
Rapid precision hits made from long range weaken the target.
-Aiming down the sights of a Scout Rifle for a short time loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Additionally, Scout Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Combines the Void and Strand Siphon mods into one.
While using a Void subclass, Void weapon final blows have a chance to spawn a Void Elemental Orb. Void Orbs can be thrown to create a Void explosion that makes enemies it damages volatile.
When an ally destroys or picks up your Tangle or Elemental Orb, the Tangle cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds, and you gain bonus damage with weapons matching your subclass for 10 seconds.
Subclass elemental buffs grant you bonus recovery and damage resistance against combatant attacks of the matching element type.
- Landing consecutive hits with any Hand Cannon you are wielding disrupts combatants, stunning them, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
- Strong against Overload Champions. Additionally, Hand Cannons are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Greatly improves the benefits provided by the Head Rush, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Unsated Hunger, and [REDACTED] Origin traits.
While using an Arc subclass, Arc weapon final blows have a chance to spawn an Arc Elemental Orb. Arc Orbs can be thrown to create an Arc explosion that jolts targets it damages.
Picking up a Tangle or Elemental Orb grants energy to your least-powered ability.
Combatant final blows with Tangles or Elemental Orbs have a chance to drop Special or Heavy ammo.
- Aiming down sights for a brief period with any Fusion Rifle you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions. Additionally, Fusion Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
All Scavenger mods are discounted.
While using a Solar subclass, Solar weapon final blows have a chance to spawn a Solar Elemental Orb. Solar Orbs can be thrown to create a Solar explosion that scorches targets it damages.
If you have fewer than 2 stacks of Armor Charge, rapid precision shots with Bows, Snipers, and Scout Rifles generate an Armor Charge.
Your Armor Charges grant bonus damage to your thrown Tangles or Elemental Orbs. Your Armor Charge now decays over time.
“One final note: The perks Overload Machine Guns and Overload Hand Cannon do not currently overcharge those weapons when that modifier is active – this is an unintended bug. Anti-Barrier Bow and Unstoppable Fusion Rifle will overcharge their weapons, but this is not currently reflected in their in-game descriptions. These issues will be corrected in a later patch. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more information in the future.”
Here’s a look at changes Bungie has discussed over the past month or so.
- Monte Carlo: “We finally did it. It was mechanically the most complex catalyst we have ever done, requiring a host of custom animation work and a lot of things we have never done on a weapon before, but we hope you enjoy it!”
- Quicksilver Storm
- Fixed an issue where ammo was loading into Quicksilver Storm slightly too late in the reload animation.
- Dead Man’s Tale
- Fixed the displayed impact stat. This is cosmetic only. Damage per bullet is unchanged.
- Two-Tailed Fox –
- Two-Tailed Fox now fires a three-shot burst with the catalyst, instead of firing three rockets in a two-shot burst.
- Verglas Curve
- Whisper of Fissures detonations now generate Hail Barrage stacks if the Stasis crystal was created by this weapon.
- Shiver Quiver now activates when slowing enemies.
- We increased the slow stacks from 40 to 60 when hitting players directly with Hail Barrage arrows. This allows for a freeze if two Hail Barrage arrows hit the same player.
- Le Monarque
- Reduced draw time from 684ms to 612ms.
- Reduced body shot damage from 100 to 85.
- Increased critical hit multiplier from 1.5x to 1.6x (crit damage against players goes from 150 to 136).
- Changed the poison DoT effect.
- Reduced poison DoT duration from 3 seconds to 1.75 seconds.
- Moved from 8 damage ticks to 6, but poison deals the same total damage to players.
- Poison damage increased in PvE by 50%.
- Vex Mythoclast
- RPM reduced from 390 to 360 to match other high-impact Auto Rifles.
- Increased damage against minor combatants (red bars) and major combatants (orange bars) by 25%.
- Tommy’s Matchbook
- Updated Scorch value
- It was previously 14 + 7 (with the Ember of Ashes fragment equipped). Now it’s 15 + 5.
- Updated Scorch value
- Touch of Malice
- Increased final round damage in PvE by 20%.
- Decreased the self-damage from the final round from 10 to 7.
- Final round damage can no longer kill the user.
- Increased the health awarded by the Touch of Malice perk from 30 to 75.
- Set up Touch of Malice to work like Unrelenting. (Guardians and major combatants give more points towards activation, and we increased the time allowed between kills.)
- Ball of Darkness now appropriately deals Arc damage and will blind combatants and stun Unstoppable Champions.
- Fixed an issue where the Vorpal Weapon catalyst wasn’t displaying the status buff text.
- Reduced the lethal kill distance of the lightning strike against players.
- Wicked Implement
- The timing window for Creeping Attrition has been increased from 3.5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
- You can now also active Tithing Harvest by destroying Stasis crystals.
- The Wicked Implement Exotic catalyst now also includes the Headstone perk.
Changes to Perks
- Reduced the damage penalty from 40% to 25%.
- Envious Assassin
- There is no longer a time limit after kills within which you must activate the perk or get another kill.
- The perk will now activate even if the magazine is overflowed. (It will stop activating once you hit maximum magazine size of 2.5x or greater.)
- Enhanced Envious Assassin now provides fractionally more ammo per kill, instead of a longer window of time after a kill.
- Now provides bonus body shot damage against players with Woven Mail.
- Increased the bonus damage against combatant shields.
- Deals significantly increased damage to enemies who are enhanced by Dark Cabal overshields in addition to enemies shielded by Lucent Moths.
- Under Pressure
- Reduced the maximum accuracy cone scalar from 0.5 to 0.75.
- Shoot to Loot
- No longer triggers the reload when shooting a Special brick that could not be picked up while also having an overflowed weapon equipped.
- Explosive damage now interacts with Orbs of Power.
- Valiant Charge
- Perk now deactivates after the initial Sword swing.
- Ambush –
- No longer deactivates from healing, fall damage, or being shot by allies.
- Explosive Light
- Fixed a bug where the enhanced version of the perk was granting two stacks on the initial Orb pickup.
- Chill Clip
- Reduced the slow stacks from 60 to 40.
- Wolfpack Rounds no longer trigger this perk.
Bungie’s goals for this release:
- Reduce the uptime and potency of Barricade abilities, particularly in high-level PvP activities.
- Reduce the potency of Striker Titan in high-level PvP activities—both in neutral game and when Supers come up.
- Correct the one-size-fits-all nature of Suspend in the combat sandbox.
- Rebalance our Strand fragment suite to bring up some underperforming options and normalize the potency of overperformers.
- Towering Barricade
- Base cooldown increased from 48 seconds to 70 seconds.
- All Barricades
- Maximum health reduced from 600 to 500.
- Damage resistance vs. PVE combatants increased to compensate.
- Increased base cooldown time from 500 seconds to 556 seconds, matching the majority of our roaming Super roster.
- Reduced damage bonus vs. players from 50 to 30.
- Suspend is currently a skeleton key that solves combat problems against all combatant types.
- Its current duration heavily steps on the toes of Stasis Freeze, which we want to keep as the highest potency disable in the sandbox.
- The uptime of Suspending atoms doesn’t allow for meaningful player decision-making when choosing when and where to place a hard disable.
Strand – Suspend
- Reduced base Suspend duration vs. non-Champion PvE combatants from 8 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Thread of Continuity now extends this duration to 7 seconds, down from 12 seconds.
- Reduced base Suspend duration vs. Champion combatants from 8 seconds to 3 seconds (4 seconds with Thread of Continuity).
- Increased snap damage dealt to Suspended boss combatants by 67%.
- Thread of Mind
- Reduced class energy gain, based on the tier of the defeated target:
- Minor combatants reduced from 15% to 10%.
- Major combatants and players reduced from 25% to 15%.
- Bosses, Champions, and minibosses reduced from 50% to 25%.
- Thread of Generation
- Reduced the overall energy gain per damage event against PvE enemies by about 20%.
- Rebalanced the energy gain multiplier across primary weapon archetypes. We wanted to bring the energy gains for dealing damage with precision weapons and fully automatic weapons closer together.
- Overall, we’ve reduced the efficiency of fully automatic primary weapons and increased the efficiency of precision primary weapons to compensate.
Strand – Suspend Supporting Atoms
- Increased Threadling damage vs. PvE combatants by 30%.
- Reduced Tangle creation cooldown time from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.
- PvE combatants affected by Sever now have their outgoing damage reduced by 40% vs. 30%.
Threadrunner Silkstrike Super (Hunter)
- Increased Silkstrike damage resistance from 40% to 45%.
- Reduced suppression time between Silkstrike super air attacks.
- Reduced vertical lift provided by Silkstrike heavy air attack to reduce instances of missing the primary target.
- Threaded Specter
- Increased Threaded Specter lifetime from 10 to 12 seconds.
- Increased Threaded Specter health vs. PvE combatants.
- Threaded Specter now takes longer to detect nearby PvE combatants at the beginning of its lifetime.
- PvE combatants now more consistently focus on Threaded Specter instead of the Hunter.
- Allied players no longer have reticle magnetism toward Threaded Specter.
Broodweaver’s The Wanderer Aspect (Warlock)
- The Wanderer
- Destroying a Tangle now creates a delayed Suspending detonation.
- Increased Suspend detonation radius from 6 to 7 meters against PvE combatants.
- Increased thrown Wanderer Tangle detonation damage to match standard Tangle detonations.
- Grapple melee always takes priority while active, regardless of whether or not a target is within range.
- Thread of Propagation
- Now grants +10 Strength.
- Thread of Continuity
- No longer grants +10 Strength.
- Thread of Wisdom
- No longer requires a precision kill to activate.
- Thread of Isolation
- Reduced the number of precision hits required to activate by an average of about 30% (varies by weapon archetype).
- Thread of Rebirth
- The number of created Threadlings now increases based on the tier of the defeated target:
- Minor combatants: 1.
- Elite combatants or players: 2.
- Boss, Champion, or miniboss combatants: 3.
- Hand Cannons
- Increased reload speed at 0 stat by 15%.
- PvE Damage
- Increased damage against minor combatants (red bars) by 20%.
- Increased damage against major combatants (orange bars) by 75%.
- Heavy Burst
- Changed Warden’s Law to be the first member of a new sub-family, Heavy Burst
- Fires a 2-round burst.
- Reduced the minimum reload animation duration from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds. (This means that applying reload speed scalars on top of a high reload stat will still have an effect.)
- Increased the projectile velocity at full draw so that the projectiles will continue to perform as if they were hitscan at longer distances at higher frame rates.
- Lightweight Bows
- Equalized the full draw projectile velocity with precision Bows.
- SMGs – Corrected a longstanding visual bug that prevented the RPM stat from displaying correctly. This does not change the actual RPM of the weapons; they have always fired at 720 RPM.
- Fixed the RPM stat display to correctly show 720 RPM.
- Reduced base damage from 32 to 30.
- Pulse Rifles
- BxR Battler
- Increased zoom back to 20.
- BxR Battler
- Fixed the impact stat on The Comedian.
- Fusion Rifles
- Fixed an issue where Adept Masterworks and Enhanced Intrinsic perks were decreasing the damage dealt by fusions when they changed the charge time stat.
- Wave Frame Heavy Grenade Launcher
- The size and damage of the self-damage AOE is now reduced.
- This should make it much safer to fire the projectile closer to your feet.
- Sword Guard
- Energy now recharges after a short delay when used, but recharges much faster.
- The delay before recharge and the recharge rate are both governed by the guard charge rate stat.
- This delay ranges between 2.7 seconds and 1.05 seconds, decreasing with charge rate stat.
- We’ve massively increased the rate energy returns after the delay to compensate, and they increase even more at higher charge rate stats. Even after the delay, Swords now return to full energy from empty faster than before this rework.
- Full-power heavy attacks can now be used with any nonzero amount of Sword energy, rather than requiring full Sword energy.
- We massively increased Sword guard damage resistance, >giving it between 82.5% and 95% damage reduction, depending on guard resistance stat.
- This damage resistance value is sharply reduced against other players, like Glaives. Then it provides between 52.5% and 65% damage reduction, depending on guard resistance stat.
- Sword guard no longer loses energy when taking damage.
- As a result of the above, guard efficiency has been removed as a stat.
- Sword guard duration is now increased across every guard type, with those with shortest durations benefiting most.
- Sword guard talent nodes have had their stats squished down.
- Combined with the above, even though their stats have been reduced, their damage reduction, charge rates, and guard durations are now increased across the board.
- This allows origin traits and other Sword perks more room to increase these stats and allow performance beyond their previous maximum.
- Sword guard talent nodes now visually affect the “charge rate” bar on the inspection screen when you hover over or select them, similar to other stat-affecting nodes.
- Sword movement speed while blocking has increased from a 0.75x multiplier to 0.85x multiplier.
- The Lament Exotic Sword has been special-cased so its charge rate and delay are unaffected, but it still benefits from the increased guard damage reduction and duration.
- Energy now recharges after a short delay when used, but recharges much faster.
- Sword Guard
Masterwork Material Caps
Exotic Armor Updates
All information below is from/by Bungie. We recommend checking out the full article for a more detailed look at changes.
- Knucklehead Radar: The functionality of the Foetracer Exotic helmet has been completely removed from that Exotic and added to Knucklehead Radar, on top of its existing benefits.
- Foetracer: We took some cues from the popular Monochromatic Maestro artifact perk for this one. When you deal damage with one of your abilities, you gain a damage bonus with weapons that have damage types matching your subclass damage type. Additionally, when you defeat an enemy you’ve damaged with one of your abilities (either with another ability or with a weapon with a damage type matching your subclass type), you will spawn one of the collectible objects associated with your subclass, such as Ionic Traces or Firesprites.
- Lucky Raspberry: This Exotic was a little too unreliable in its current form, so we’ve taken a crack at streamlining its energy gains, while leaving some of its benefits intact. The Exotic still expands the chaining capabilities of Arc Bolt grenades. But now instead of basing the grenade energy gains on those chains, each time you damage an enemy with the lightning strikes from the jolted condition—as well as each time you pick up an ionic trace—you gain additional grenade energy. We’ve also given this grenade the intrinsic ability to stun Overload Champions. Now you don’t have to jolt them and then trigger the jolt lightning strikes just to stun them, making these grenades a more reliable tool against Overload Champions.
- Renewal Grasps: We’ve undone the previous nerf to Duskfield grenade cooldowns when using this Exotic.
- Icefall Mantle: Grants an escalating bonus to Stasis weapon damage when getting rapid Stasis kills. When you activate your class ability, you immediately gain the highest tier bonus.
- Doom Fang Pauldrons: Grants an escalating bonus to Void weapon damage when getting rapid Void kills. When you get a Void melee kill, you immediately gain the highest tier bonus.
- Path of the Burning Steps: Getting a Solar Grenade kill now grants the highest tier Solar weapon damage bonus.
- Eternal Warrior: Since the exotic only grants its highest tier damage bonus automatically when your Super ends (which is a rarer occurrence), the duration of the Arc weapon damage bonus when your Fist of Havoc Super ends has been extended to 30 seconds (up from 10 seconds in Season 21).
- ACD/0 Feedback Fence: This Exotic got a complete mechanical rework and now ties into the Armor Charge system, increasing its versatility and making it more useful in scenarios where you might not be taking a lot of melee damage. With the new perk (which completely replaces the old), when melee hits give you an Armor Charge, you take reduced melee damage while you have that Armor Charge. Taking melee damage causes you to emit a burst of damaging Arc energy that jolts targets, consuming your Armor Charge and dealing more damage based on the number of stacks consumed. (Note that the damage dealt by the burst of Arc energy should be comparable to its current damage for 0-3 stacks of Armor Charge.)
- Hallowfire Heart: This Exotic often stands in the shadow of the more ubiquitous Heart of Inmost Light. To remedy that, we’ve removed its base energy to Solar abilities and replaced it with a perk that will let you build more into Sunspots. We think you’ll be seeing many more Sunspots on the battlefield as a result. As for the perk that greatly increases your ability regen rate when your Super is fully charged, we left that as-is.
- Astrocyte Verse: edited on 8/9/23 11:00 AM PT. We’ve added two more pieces of functionality to this Exotic. Enemies near you when you Blink become volatile. Additionally, when you’re using the Nova Warp Super, the Dark Blink ability no longer consumes Super energy.
- Geomag Stabilizers: While we’ve often heard calls to restore the perk that let you top off your Super energy by sprinting, the legacy of that incentive still creates some pretty silly play patterns. Instead, we wanted to give players a way to get more Super energy, no matter how charged their Super is. Now picking up an ionic trace while wearing this Exotic will grant Guardians additional Super energy.
- Wings of Sacred Dawn: Leaning into the “orbital weapons platform” fantasy, we wanted to help players have a way to stay aloft longer (especially in target-rich PvE environments). Typically, reloading was the main cause for a float to end. This Exotic now automatically reloads Solar weapons (including the weapon you are holding) from reserves each time you get a kill while aiming down sights. Try this one out with Xenophage!
- Winter’s Guile: Due to the nature of the Stasis warlock’s melee ability, this Exotic was previously a disappointing choice for that subclass. We’ve added a new perk to this one, specifically for when you are playing your Stasis subclass. Now combatants encased by your Penumbral Blast melee will automatically shatter after a short delay.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES
📰 State of the Game – Changes Coming in Season 22 and Beyond
This weekend, we’re sharing an article that highlights different sections of the State of the Game. For the time being check out the full article here.
- Season 22 boosts weekly ritual rewards to Exotic engrams for reliable materials.
- Players can complete nine ritual challenges in any ritual playlist.
- Get more ritual engram drops after activities.
- New ritual loot pool introduces weapons like Unending Tempest, Luna Regolith III, Qua Xaphan V, Cataphract GL3 Strand, and more.
- Returning favorites include Igneous Hammer and revamped Warden’s Law as a Nightfall reward.
- Vex Network-themed map called Multiplex
- New Relic 6v6 mod
- Relic is a dynamic 6v6 party mode where players use special relic weapons like the Aegis, Synaptic Spear, and Scythe.
- This mode will be accessible in Crucible Labs Weeks 1-4 and Week 11 onward.
- New Checkmate modifier (focuses on gunplay)
- Checkmate trials in Crucible Labs from Weeks 5 to 10: Control for 2 weeks, followed by 2 weeks of Survival, and concluding with 2 weeks of Rumble, all testing for Season 22.
- New Competitive Ascendant Division emblem
- Matchmaking improvements
- In Season 22, Bungie is adjusting matchmaking for Control and Iron Banner to provide better experiences for players of all skill levels, particularly in regions with lower player counts or during less active periods.
- Loose Fireteam Matchmaking is being added to the Crucible rotators and Labs.
- Lobby Balancing
- and more
- New Competitive Division weapon reward: Brand-new Häkke Aggressive Frame Strand Pulse Rifle
- “The Mercurial Overreach Adaptive Frame Arc Sniper Rifle will remain available for competitors throughout Season 22.”
- The Citadel reprisal
- Additional Battlegrounds will join the Nightfall and GM Nightfall rotations in Season 22 and 23.
- Vanguard Medals is coming to Vanguard Ops in Season 22. Medals will count towards scoring, some medals will not be available (such as some Guardians Games medals).
- Active medals are chosen according to currently active modifiers, like Surges.
“While we don’t have plans to dedicate more resources to significantly transform Gambit, we do have a few updates planned for the year of The Final Shape”
- Cathedral of Scars map is being added to the Gambit playlist with The Final Shape, as well as Shadow Legion and Lucent Hive enemies.
- Starting from Season 22, Bungie is decreasing the quantity of Gambit-specific Seasonal Challenges.
Armor Set Rewards
“Players have pointed out that we didn’t release a new armor set for the ritual playlists (Vanguard, Crucible, Gambit) with Lightfall as previously called out in our yearly release schedule. Delivering ritual armor sets at the rates we have in the past has become increasingly challenging, especially considering these sets have historically had very low adoption by players as both base armor and cosmetic ornaments.”
Bungie has decided they will no longer creating a new armor set every expansion. They will be prioritizing releasing a new ritual armor set with The Final Shape. There is also a new Trials armor set coming in Season 22, check out a preview of the the Titan armor below.
Quality-of-Life Upgrades (Season 22)
- Cosmetic Favoring: Pin up 100 of your favorite shader, ornaments, and emotes.
- Stasis Aspects and Fragments will be available from Elsie Bray on Europa for any character who has completed the Beyond Light campaign.
- Transmats will become unlocks instead of consumable.
- Wish-Ender becomes a real quest.
- Collections now have a Resources section. It sorts and explains all the game money, upgrade stuff, and engrams, telling you how to get them and what they’re for.
- Iron Banner challenges will be split into two stacking challenges.
- One is to get the reputation multiplier (this does not require using specific Seasonal subclasses).
- The other is for Pinnacle rewards (this does require using Seasonal subclasses).
- Ritual rank-ups process immediately upon activity completion.
Sandbox Updates (Season 22)
- New Strand Aspects arrive
- Whirling Maelstrom for Hunter
- Banner of War for Titans
- Weavewalk for Warlocks
- A few more underused Exotic Armor pieces will be reworked. Learn more in next week’s Developer Insights article.
- New weapon subfamilies will be introduced with The Final Shape. Tune into the Showcase on August 22 for a look at some in action.
- Weapon Tuning (The upcoming Weapon Preview article will go over changes coming soon).
- Hand Cannons: Reload faster, deal more PvE damage to minor and major enemies.
- Swords: Use full-power heavy attacks with any Sword energy, improved Sword Guard.
- Touch of Malice: Adjustments for player enjoyment.
- Perks: Bipod, Envious Assassin, Under-Over more useful in Season 22.
- and more!
“The Final Shape and its raid will provide a climactic conclusion to the Light and Darkness Saga before we look ahead to what comes next in Destiny 2.“
- Due to seeing positive feedback, the Power level cap is not being increased in Season 22.
- The new Exotic Mission Rotator will start on Day One of Season 22.
- First up is Presage with Dead Man’s Tale, which will be craftable!
- Vox Obscura and Operation: Seraph’s Shield will be added to the rotation, with their craftable Exotic weapons and catalysts.
- Bungie is creating the Pathfinder system to replace some bounties with a more rewarding approach. This will debut on the new destination in The Final Shape, and Bungie is exploring the possibility of replacing core ritual bounties in the upcoming year. See a preview of the work-in-progress Pathfinder UI:
- New LFG Fireteam Finder feature arrives with Season 23.
Bungie will be revealing more about the features above during the Showcase on August 22.
For a deeper dive, I recommend checking out the complete State of the Game.
📰 Season 22 Articles
Here’s a look at changes Bungie discussed regarding changes coming in Season 22 (click link to open).
- Exotic Mission Rotator
- Abilities and Armor changes
- Season 22 Economy Changes
- Changes coming to PvP, Competitive matchmaking, and more.
- Mid-August State of the Game:
- New PvP map
- Security changes
- Seasonal structure
- Quality of life updates
- and more!
- Dev Insights: Season 22 Weapons Preview
- Season 22 Artifact Perks Preview
Upcoming Regional Pricing Update
Effective Aug 22, 2023, prices will change in specific regions due to currency variations. USD remains unaffected, while Silver packs & expansions adjust for currencies like ARS, INR starting Sept 6, 2023. More details: http://bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this-week-in-destiny-8-17