MAY 21 – MAY 28
Rewards Powerful Gear:
- Daily: Complete 1 match in the Crucible.
- Weekly: Complete 5 matches in the Crucible.
Weekly Crucible Playlist: Showdown
- Mayhem will return as a 6v6 rotating playlist with scoring support for new Forsaken Supers
- Lockdown and Showdown will return as rotating playlists and have been added to Private Matches
- Scorched and Team Scorched have been added to Private Matches
- New Shaxx lines, spread between Rumble, Lockdown, Showdown, and a few special medals
- Single round modes (Clash, Control, etc.) now end with a “Match Complete” countdown similar to those displayed at round complete in round-based modes
- Added new Crucible medals and associated Triumphs for Forsaken Supers, the Machine Gun weapon archetype, and the Lockdown game mode
- Added two new gold-tier medals—happy hunting!
- Fixed an issue where “The Cycle” medal was not being tracked properly
- Iron Banner now awards unique Iron Banner-themed medals with unique audio cues
- Iron Banner uses new unique Match Complete banners
- Valor and Glory are now subdivided into three sub-ranks similar to Gambit
- Valor and Glory have NOT subdivided the Legend rank
- Valor does NOT require players to win at Legend
- Shaxx has a new rotation of items available for direct purchase.
- Players must earn Valor to collect these items
- A new set of Seasonal Items has been added to Shaxx’s inventory
- Previous seasons’ exclusive items have been removed
- A new pinnacle weapon quest has been added to Shaxx’s inventory
- To allow players to make progress on any character, each step features account-wide objectives
- This quest requires two types of objectives to be completed: Reach a specific Rank and complete a specific Triumph; players can complete these objectives in any order
- Previous pinnacle weapon quests continue to be available on Shaxx
In Destiny 2, players can earn Seasonal Crucible Ranks by participating in certain Crucible activities. These ranks make exclusive items available at Lord Shaxx, the Crucible vendor in the Tower Courtyard, and are account-wide. Players have until the end of the current Season to earn Crucible ranks, after which they will be reset. Outlined below are the Crucible ranks, as well as how players may earn progress toward them.
Seasonal Crucible Ranks are comprised of two key mechanics: a level and rank points. As players earn points in each rank, they will level up and unlock new rewards at Lord Shaxx in the Tower. Leveling up gives players an assortment of Crucible Tokens, Crucible Engrams, and Masterwork Cores depending on how far up they have leveled. There are six specific Crucible Ranks that players can reach, starting with the rank of “Guardian” and ending with players becoming “Legend.” Here is the full break down of what levels each Crucible Rank will feature:
Listed below are the avenues that players can achieve these ranks, as well as where they can pursue them.
Valor ranks are accumulated by completing matches in the Quickplay, Competitive, and weekly rotating Crucible playlists. More points are earned upon winning a match, but all match completions will positively accumulate Valor.
For some items, players will need to reset their Valor after achieving the maximum possible Valor rank. This can be accomplished by:
- Opening the Director
- Going to the Crucible node
- Bringing the cursor over the Quickplay playlist
- Pressing and holding the appropriate interact button, as indicated by the in-game tooltip
Glory ranks are earned by winning matches in the Competitive Crucible playlist and are lost by losing matches in the Competitive Crucible playlist. Unlike Valor, Glory ranks will be lost when losing or quitting Competitive matches, and rank losses occur faster when players lose matches consecutively.
Additionally, each week players’ Glory Rank will change depending on the number of games they’ve played, maxing out at three games per week. Players ranked Fabled and below will earn bonus Glory Rank Points each week. For players ranked Mythic and Legend, each match completed will reduce the amount of Glory Rank decay, up to preventing the decay for the week. This means if players are a player in Mythic or Legend they’ll need to hop into the Competitive playlist at least three times a week to maintain their status.
Featured in both Valor and Glory ranks, players will increase their rank faster by winning consecutive matches. Bonuses offered by win streaks will accumulate until players have won 5 matches or lose one match, after which the win streak will reset.
Source and Credit: Bungie Website (view original article)