IRON BANNER – Not currently available!
It’s time once again for one of Destiny’s oldest traditions, the Iron Banner. Lord Saladin returns to his perch at the top of the Tower next week to hold this battle between Guardians for control of territory.
Starts: 10 AM PDT on April 23
Ends: 10 AM PDT on April 30
Info from Bungie blog post: Iron Burden was an experiment for Season 6. After reviewing community feedback, we are not planning to bring it back in Season 7. You will have this Iron Banner and one more to earn your Wizened Rebuke. And if you really want to showboat, you can use these next two Iron Banners to get 2,500 burdened kills for the “Now You’re Just Showing Off” Triumph. Completing this Triumph will reward the “Heavy as Death” emblem.
Lord Saladin will also have the following weapons available for purchase in his inventory.
View the Reddit thread for more details and to view bounties.
This season, Lord Saladin has a few new tricks up his ironclad sleeve. We’re introducing two new consumable items that will change the flow of combat through temporary Power level adjustments.
The Iron Burden consumable is for the best of the best to challenge themselves by lowering their Power by 100, putting more focus on skill, strategy, and gunplay. With greater risk comes greater reward. For the brave, Saladin will be offering the Iron Burden consumable for purchase with 5 Iron Banner Tokens. There will be a new Triumph you can complete this Season by defeating 500 opponents while the Iron Burden debuff is active. Completing it will reward you with an updated version of Wizened Rebuke that is fully Masterworked and has a curated roll. You don’t have to complete this during the first event. Your progress will carry over to the next Iron Banner.
For those of you who find yourselves in PvE activities more frequently, the Wolf’s Favor consumable has been added as an invitation to try your hand in the Iron Banner. These consumables, which will drop with limited availability, grant a temporary 100 Power increase, up to a cap of 700, for 30 minutes. Our goal here is to help those who don’t normally play Crucible take a step in to the action.
The Wolf’s Favor consumable has a chance to drop from completing the following daily and weekly challenges:
- Daily Heroic story mission
- Vanguard strikes
- Gambit (Forsaken only)
- Weekly milestones from Ikora and Hawthorne
Bounties have been updated to provide more choice and address feedback from previous Seasons over how long it took to earn progress toward various objectives. Each bounty will grant a powerful reward upon completion. Additionally, completion of a bounty will unlock the ability to direct purchase specific rewards from Lord Saladin. Saladin will also offer a new emblem you can pick up after completing all the weekly bounties called the Weight of Guilt. It will track higher-Power opponents defeated while under the effects of The Iron Burden. We have also added an updated version of Orewing’s Maul with random rolls that will drop from match completion and from token packages.
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Complete the Red War campaign.
- Achieve Level 20.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard, and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded with Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins award more tokens than losses.
- Daily Challenges and Milestones: Players may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Daily Iron Banner Challenges and the Daily Iron Banner Milestone. These can be completed on each character, each day.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Gear: As players rank up during an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner gear will become available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin.
- Iron Banner Ornaments: Players may earn Ornaments for their Iron Banner armor by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event. These Ornaments and their objectives can be seen when speaking with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard, or by inspecting Iron Banner armor.
Year 2 Updates
- Starting in Year 2, Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped for legacy players (those who do not own Forsaken) at their maximum Power available.
- All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Event Conclusion: Players should ensure that they turn in any remaining Iron Banner Tokens before Lord Saladin departs from the Tower Courtyard following the weekly reset.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If, during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again.
Source: Bungie blog, help article (view original article)