It’s time once again for one of Destiny’s oldest traditions, the Iron Banner. Lord Saladin returns to his perch at the top of the Tower next week to hold this battle between Guardians for control of territory.
Start: 10 AM PDT on June 18
End: 10 AM PDT on June 25
Here is a preview of the armor and weapons available during Iron Banner events in Season of Opulence.
Valor boosts will also be available next week in Iron Banner and the rest of the Crucible. Saladin will also have some other items available including this new Emblem.
Here is some important info from the Bungie blog regarding Iron Banner:
Lord Saladin will return next week for the first Iron Banner of Season of Opulence. With a new Season, you have a fresh set of weapons and armor available to earn. Saladin continues to offer Iron Banner bounties, but will also set you on a quest to earn your gear. In other words, prove your worth, and be outfitted as an Iron Lord.
- This Season’s Iron Banner armor is now acquired through a quest.
- Each armor piece will be granted upon completing its associated quest step.
- Each armor piece will be granted as a powerful reward.
- After unlocking an armor piece, it may be reacquired with random rolls through Iron Banner Reputation Packages and match rewards.
- If you are a veteran player who earned Iron Banner ornaments in the past, this Season’s armor is compatible with all Year 1 Iron Banner ornaments.
- Iron Banner packages have been updated.
- Iron Banner Armor may now roll with enhanced perks.
- New weapons have also been added to Iron Banner packages and have a higher chance to drop on the first package you redeem.
- New Iron Banner shaders, an emblem, and a Sparrow may be earned through objectives that must be completed during Season of Opulence.
- Iron Banner bounties will continue to grant rewards and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Iron Banner bounties no longer unlock direct purchase for Iron Banner gear, as it is now acquired directly through the Iron Banner quest.
Iron Banner is a week-long Crucible event in Destiny 2 that offers its participants unique rewards. For information regarding the availability of upcoming Iron Banner events, players should look for announcements on our News page.
While active, the Iron Banner activity can be found in the Crucible node of the Director.
When Iron Banner is available, it will begin at the weekly reset and remain active until the following weekly reset. For information on the weekly reset, players should visit the Destiny 2 Ritual Reset Guide.
To participate in the Iron Banner while the event is available, players must:
- Complete the Red War campaign.
- Achieve Level 20.
- Speak with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard
Earning Reputation and Rewards
Lord Saladin will offer rewards to players who rank up their reputation with him by turning in Iron Banner Tokens. Lord Saladin is found in the Tower Courtyard, and can be accessed by taking the stairs next to the Gunsmith.
- Match Completions: Upon completing an Iron Banner Crucible match, players will be awarded with Iron Banner Tokens to turn in to Lord Saladin. While all Iron Banner match completions award tokens, wins award more tokens than losses.
- Daily Challenges and Milestones: Players may earn additional Iron Banner Tokens by completing Daily Iron Banner Challenges and the Daily Iron Banner Milestone. These can be completed on each character, each day.
- Purchasing Iron Banner Gear: As players rank up during an Iron Banner event, Iron Banner gear will become available for purchase directly from Lord Saladin.
- Iron Banner Ornaments: Players may earn Ornaments for their Iron Banner armor by completing various objectives during an Iron Banner event. These Ornaments and their objectives can be seen when speaking with Lord Saladin in the Tower Courtyard, or by inspecting Iron Banner armor.
Year 2 Updates
- Starting in Year 2, Power level advantages matter. Players who are higher-leveled will deal more damage to players who are lower-leveled.
- Year 2 rewards, featuring random rolls and compatibility with Year 2 modifications, will be available to all players.
- Iron Banner rewards will be capped for legacy players (those who do not own Forsaken) at their maximum Power available.
- All players of Destiny 2, regardless of expansion ownership, can participate in Iron Banner events.
Listed below is Vital Information that players may need to know:
- Event Conclusion: Players should ensure that they turn in any remaining Iron Banner Tokens before Lord Saladin departs from the Tower Courtyard following the weekly reset.
- Lord Saladin not appearing in the Tower: If, during the Iron Banner event, Lord Saladin does not appear in the Tower, players should return to Orbit and try relaunching into the Tower activity again.
Source: Bungie blog, help article (view original article)