SEASON OF OPULENCE
Starts: June 4, 2019 for all Destiny 2 players!
Here is some info about this event from the Bungie blog: Starting June 4, 2019, Season of Opulence kicks off for all players of Destiny 2. Many of you are familiar with how raids can launch with new content—usually on a Friday at reset. This season, we’re doing something a little different. Owners of the Annual Pass will be challenged to conquer a new raid on day one. Here’s some context on this new plan and changes to the upcoming Power climb:
Dev Team: The world’s first race for a raid is a competitive event. The raid is a challenge geared toward testing a fireteam’s ability to learn and execute on the mechanics, as well as their ability to overcome enemies and bosses together. Having a short window of time between release and launch allows us to preserve the combat challenge for players making their attempt on day one and get people playing the raid content right away.
Crown of Sorrow
June 4, 2019: 4 PM PDT
Recommended Power for first encounter: 715
With this race, there will be a few minor changes to current investment systems to ensure an even playing field while players are increasing their Power at the launch of the Season.
- Last Wish and Scourge of the Past will be unavailable until Crown of Sorrow has been beaten
- This prevents players with a stash of Ethereal Keys from having a leg up in the race
- Prime Attunements will be reset to two charges per character on day one
- While characters build Prime Attunement charges over time, these are being set to two per character upon logging in after the new season begins.
- All level 50 characters can earn Prime Engrams after signing in and playing during the Season of Opulence
- Players may continue to build Prime Attunements over time after the reset occurs
As a reminder, any powerful bounties acquired prior to Season of Opulence will have a Power cap of 700. For additional information, see the “Cleaning House” section of this article.
If you’re the type to take a day off work to celebrate the start of a new Season, get that request in now! We’re officially four weeks away from Season of Opulence. We’ll have more information on what’s changing in the Destiny 2 experience in June, so keep your eyes set on the blog for updates.
Source: Bungie Website
This page will be updated with new information as soon as possible.