TRIALS OF THE NINE (UNAVAILABLE!!)
Ever since Trials of the Nine went on hiatus back in Season 4, many of you have been asking when it will come back and how it will be evolving. We still don’t have a timeline for when it may return, but we do want to give you an update on our current thinking about Trials. Here is the team to fill you in.
Destiny Dev Team: As longtime Destiny players know, Trials of Osiris was released in May of 2015 as the original high-stakes weekend PvP event. Trials had an amazing impact on our game and our community. It was a pinnacle venue for players to show off their best skills, strategies, and gear. The 3v3 elimination mode combined with the card system created the coveted reward of earning a trip to the Lighthouse.
With the introduction of Trials of the Nine in Destiny 2, we made a few changes to the formula which never really hit the same mark. We were unhappy with its role in the ecosystem. The new activity wasn’t achieving the goal of bringing the community together every weekend. Both Destiny and the online PvP scene have evolved since 2015, so we don’t believe that bringing back the 2015 version of Trials of Osiris would accomplish what our goals are today.
Until we have a solid prototype for a pinnacle PvP endgame activity, Trials is staying on hiatus indefinitely and will not return over the course of the next few seasons. When we have those new plans ready, we’ll be sure to share them with you.
Source: Bungie Blog (view original article)
DESTINY 2: TRIALS OF THE NINE (Help article on Bungie.net)
Trials of the Nine is a weekly Crucible playlist in Destiny 2 that offers unique rewards. This playlist is available for a limited time each week, starting Friday at 10:00 AM Pacific, and becomes unavailable after the weekly reset.
The Trials of the Nine playlist is located in the Crucible node of the Director. The Trials ticket, which tracks player’s progress through this playlist, is embedded into the playlist tooltip and can be seen anytime the player is in the Director. Players who win consecutive matches will earn exclusive rewards. Players will not start gaining losses on their ticket until they obtain their first win. Players who receive 3 losses on a single ticket will automatically have their ticket reset. Once the activity starts, the player’s Inventory is Locked until they finish the match.
About Trials of the Nine:
- Players may enter Trials of the Nine with a pre-made Fireteam of 4. All Trials of the Nine matches are 4v4.
- Trials of the Nine Game Modes rotate weekly, between Countdown and Survival.
- Trials of the Nine features a single Crucible map, which rotates weekly.
- Players can view the status of their ticket in the Trials of the Nine tooltip, under the Crucible in the Director.
- Trials of the Nine is a locked-loadout playlist. Players cannot change their selected gear until they exit the Trials of the Nine playlist.
In order to gain access to the Trials of the Nine, players must:
- Complete the Destiny 2 campaign.
- Finish the Call to Arms Milestone at least once.
- Have a minimum Power of 260 to play.
Source: Bungie.net (View original article here)
This page is still being updated…