JUL 16 – JUL 23
Annual Pass Required
Heroic Boss: Hasapiko, Beloved by Calus (Vex Minotaur)
Singe: Void damage increases slightly from all sources.
- Extinguish: If your fireteam falls in a Restricted Zone, everyone is returned to orbit.
- Blackout: Enemy melee attacks are significantly more powerful, and radar is disabled.
- Iron: Enemies have more health and are not staggered by damage.
CHALICE OF OPULENCE GUIDES
Infographics and charts:
Chalice of Opulence Infographics via u/windzer408:
Destiny 2 | MENAGERIE LOOT GUIDE! Unlimited Chest Exploit, Guaranteed Weapons, Imperials & Runes! by xHOUNDISHx << Click link to watch more Destiny 2 videos!
Destiny 2. UNLIMITED MENAGERIE CHESTS! Everything You Need To Know About The Menagerie! (Loot Farm) by Mesa Sean << Click to watch more Destiny 2 videos!
DETAILS FROM BUNGIE.NET
Calus would see you grow fat from strength. During Season of Opulence, he will be granting players the Chalice of Opulence, which serves as players’ gateway to treasure. Players who emerge victorious in the Menagerie will use the Chalice to serve up an offering of runes in exchange for the weapons and gear they choose from the selection of items available. The treasure you find will be limited at first, but over time you’ll be able to upgrade the Chalice to acquire more plentiful and powerful rewards.
Each player will claim their Chalice at the start of the Season through an introductory quest line. From there, it can be shared between different Guardians on the same account.
How does it work?
- Earn runes to slot on your Chalice through the following:
- Completing weekly bounties
- Opening up the weekly chests on the new Nessus Barge
- Using a consumable that will reward you a rune after a strike, Crucible, or Gambit completion
- The same consumable will also give other players in your fireteam a chance to earn an additional rune
- Slot the runes into your Chalice before you enter the Menagerie
- Play the Menagerie to earn your rewards
- Completing the Menagerie will award you the gear you chose with your rune selections
- Each rune affects what you receive and some of its properties, depending on how you slot them
You will have a host of new Triumphs and bounties to complete that will reward a new currency called Imperials. Using these Imperials, you can upgrade your Chalice to acquire a variety of perks with a wide range of effects, from giving you more powerful rewards per week to allowing you to choose the specific gun and Masterwork stat you get from the Menagerie!
You can earn Imperials several ways:
- Completing weekly bounties
- Completing certain Triumphs
- Using special consumables that allows for Imperial acquisition
- Chalice upgrades that allow you to earn Imperials through playlist activities
You choose which upgrades you unlock first!
- Unlock additional rune slots to allow more control of an item’s specialization
- Upgrade it so you earn more runes, or more rune variety
- Upgrade to allow for additional powerful rewards from the Menagerie
So, for example, if you wanted to earn a random roll of a “Beloved” Sniper Rifle with Handling as the Masterwork trait, you would use a Rune of Jubilation, any red rune, and any purple rune. This rune configuration is your freebie. We’re excited for the community to come together and uncover combinations for each Menagerie reward.
We hope this gives you a better idea of how you’ll earn weapons and armor during Season of Opulence. You will still have to grind to get that perfect roll, but we have given you the option to target the item that you want to optimize and Masterwork.
This page will be periodically updated with new information and guides. Last update: 06/08/2019