*Now that the event is gone, this weapon can drop from exotic engrams/drops.
HOW TO GET ARBALEST EXOTIC LINEAR FUSION RIFLE
Weapon: Arbalest – Exotic Linear Fusion Rifle (Kinetic)
How To Get: Earn during The Revelry (Ends: May 07). Complete Triumphs and turn in Reveler’s Essence to Eva to earn a new Exotic Kinetic Fusion Rifle, Arbalest. It’s the first weapon of its kind and does extra damage against enemy shields.
Begin the Revelry questline
Do this by talking to Eva Levante at the Tower. She’ll give you a buff tonic and 50 Reveler’s Essence to spend on a buff of your choosing. Buff tonics give you a significant stat increase for use in the Verdant Forest and elsewhere. You’ll get to pick from a melee recharge buff, a grenade recharge buff, or a class ability recharge buff. Slot it in to get access to your first Verdant Garden bounty. Now, just finish a run of the Verdant Garden by queuing up from the Tower map screen, and return to Eva once the job is done.
Complete daily Verdant Garden bounties
Each bounty rewards 25 Reveler’s Essence. Almost all of the bounties are easy to complete just from playing Verdant Garden (branches cleared, bosses killed, final hits, etc.), so you won’t even need to mess with your preferred loadout. We cleared 25 branches and killed five bosses on my first run and I haven’t played much in a month, so expect to do just fine.
If you stick to bounties, you’ll need to complete a total of 12, assuming you don’t spend any Reveler’s Essence elsewhere. That’s just over two days of finishing every daily bounty, but chances are you’ll find enough Reveler’s Essence to get the Arbalest in two days along the way. But you’ll likely need more time to get the Arbalest anyway. Just be sure to sit on 300 Reveler’s Essence to make it easier later on.
Finish the Party Hard triumph
But simply having enough Reveler’s Essence won’t cut it. You’ll need to earn the Party Hard triumph too, which requires completing 7 of the 10 Revelry triumphs.
- Spring Cleaning- Clear 50 Verdant Forest branches
- Verdant Light- Competitive: Generate 200 Orbs of Light in Gambit or Crucible
- Verdant Light – Cooperative: Generate 200 Orbs of Light in Strikes or raids
- Verdant Light – Events: Generate 200 Orbs of Light in the Verdant Forest or any Black Armory forge
- Spring Hunt – Defeat at least three bosses in a single run of the Verdant Forest
- Budding Fashion – Defeat 20 bosses while wearing at least four pieces of Revelry armor
- Super Celebratory – Defeat 150 enemies with Supers
- Fireworks! – Get 100 grenade kills in Crucible, Gambit, and Strikes
- Melee Mayhem – Get 100 melee kills in Crucible, Gambit, and Strikes
- A Bountiful Spring – Complete 50 daily and weekly bounties for Eva
Hand over 300 Reveler’s Essence to Eva Levante (who’s located near Ikora Rey in the Tower social space), and the weapon is yours.
ARBALEST PERKS AND ABILITIES
- Compounding Force – Fires slugs that cause massive damage to elemental shields of enemy combatants.
- Disruption Break – Breaking an enemy’s shield with this weapon makes them more vulnerable to Kinetic damage for a brief period.
- Impact: 41
- Range: 47
- Stability: 59
- Handling: 38
- Charge Time: 533
- Magazine: 5
- Aim Assistance: 61
- Recoil Direction: 77
- Weapon Size: 34
- Zoom: 25
“We didn’t have linear fusions in the Dark Age. But we made it work.” —The Drifter
“Nah. Dark Age version was better.”
“You and I remember the Dark Age differently.”
“I’ll take a hard projectile over energy any day. No better way to make sure the target is dead.”
“Energy is for silencing barriers. Fists are all I need to administer blunt-force trauma.”
“I forget you used to be a Warlord.”
“What do you mean ‘used to?'”
“I thought you’d thrown in with Saladin and Felwinter.”
“I did. But I never stopped being me.”
“‘Warlord’ is too many syllables.”
“Gambit needs more candidates like you. Should stop by sometime. Whatever you want to call yourself.”
“Thank you. You’re a liar and a cheat. Stay out of my Crucible.”
Sources: light.gg and bungie.net (click here to view info about The Revelry event)
Arbalest Exotic Kinetic Linear Fusion Rifle – Destiny 2 by shacknews.com
Destiny 2: The Revelry guide: how to get Arbalest, the Exotic kinetic linear fusion rifle by polygon.com
Destiny 2’s Revelry: It’s Weirdly Easy To Get The Arbalest by forbes.com
Destiny 2 The Revelry. HOW TO GET THE ARBALEST EXOTIC LINEAR FUSION RIFLE! by Mesa Sean on YouTube
This page is being updated, check back again later for more information. Last update: 04/09/2019